1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Raagi for 10 month old.

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by theoffice, Jul 22, 2014.

1. theoffice

theoffice Bronze IL'ite

My baby is 10 month old. I give raagi by cleaning, soaking, grinding and filtering the whole grain. I wanted to know, whether we can use the store bought ragi flour and make porridge just we do for adults.

2. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

I did use store bought raagi first for my dd when she was 10 months. After that, I started sprouting and making porridge. Its fine as long as the baby has no issues with it.

3. theoffice

theoffice Bronze IL'ite

Hi, thanks for the reply. how did u sprout and make ragi porridge...?

4. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

You can Google the process. Basically clean and soak Ragi overnight. Next morning, tie the Ravi in a wet cloth. Leave it in a dark place till it sprouts. Might be a day or two based on the temperature. Then get the ragi in the sun, dry well, and grind. Of this powder, take one tablespoon, mix in wager or milk, and heat up till it gets cooked. Serve once cooled.

2 people like this.
  5. Armaity25

Armaity25 Silver IL'ite

Hi.If you want to use readymade flour you can use ragi malt flour.But yes first do check if your baby is taking it.And if you want to make it at home here is a link for a wheat and ragi porridge.You have to make the balls and sundry them and store it and use as required.It is a little lengyhy process but I guess it will be helpful and will save the efforts to cook it daily.They last for 3 months well.So you can also carry them wherever you travel and use them as required.If you haven't yet started the baby on wheat or if the baby is allergic to it then you can avoid it.Here is the link-

http://anutriedrecipes.blogspot.in/2009/05/bola-guli-nachni-gahu-satva-sun-dried.html

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@theoffice The best option is the home made one. I guess there is no harm in trying store bought ragi. The main side effect that you should be looking at is 'constipation'.