1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need gluten free recipes for 6year old daughter

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by mankan, Feb 14, 2014.

1. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

My six year old daughter has been diagnosed with gluten allergy(wheat)and I need to give her gluten free food,it's very difficult for me to convince her for not to eat chocolate biscuits cakes etc.kindly suggest me some snacks which are gluten free.and it's for lifetime that she cannot eat wheat oats barley maida.i am really worried and she is very young to understand this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mankan,

don't fret. there are lots of kids who have this gluten allergy. just work around it. who knows your daughter may even come out of it..

you can try working with kambu,ragi, urad dal flour, moong dal flour, chana dal flour, rice flour. almond flour

you can make snacks like murukku, thattai with these. idlis, rotis, biscuits, cookies, muffins..sky is the limit when you know you have to do it..once you start you become master.

there are blogs, websites there for glutenfree cooking. you will be amazed at the versatility of these people. they come up with some amazing dishes.

5 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

6. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Mankan,
    I totally get it, it will seem extremely difficult and impossible and we feel a lot for the kid for not being able to eat so many foods while others can...I know...
    I just want to say one of my friends kid who was gluten allergic for 2 yrs has started taking wheat slowly and he is not allergic to it anymore..Dont lose hope, it can get better. Just hang in until then.
    Quinoa if u can get is very healthy and gluten free I guess. U can make upmas and pulao with it...

1 person likes this.
  7. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear friends,thanks for encouraging me.i am really very tensed about her.but thanks for giving me some hope.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
  8. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Actually gluten free is healthy too, even I had same tension when it happened to my kid, later I read many blogs and there are lot of options to cook.