1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to create interest in an almost 5 year kid to start eating on her own?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by vidukarth, Jul 30, 2013.

1. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

My DD is 4.5 years old and will be turning 5 soon. She doesn't have any interest in food, and I get to force feed her every time. Sometimes, I skip feeding her, with the hope she would get hungry and eat on her own. But it becomes even worse, she would throw tantrums due to hunger and eventually I end up feeding her.

Starting from brushing her teeth, to making her eat or sleep, it is a big task. I am sure other moms face the same issue. Please share your tips on how to bring a routine schedule and create interest in them to eat on their own.

thanks

At school, she would not eat much and would starve

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I know it's easier said than done but try to be more "casual" about the whole exercise....don't threaten or cajole or play...just put the food on the table and let her get on with it.Make sure it's something that she likes and that she can eat. Don't give in ...and don't leave the food on the table indefinitely either. She'll eat when she gets hungry enough.
    Dont try introducing a new habit on weekdays.Things like making her brush on her own can be tried on weekends.To get my son to brush own his own i used to brush my teeth with him.And he used to follow what i used to do.

1 person likes this.
  3. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

hmm, sure thanks Dinny, everyday is different :) will try to be casual about that.