1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do I give egg for a 7 month old baby

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by abinayamadhavan, Jul 17, 2013.

1. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Hi Moms,
    This week, I am planning to introduce egg to my son. Few says that I should half boil the egg. Few others say, I should cook it and give only the yolk. What do i do. Also last week I gave him carrot and the other day I saw carrots in his poop. Does this mean that its not digested completely. Should i wait for few more weeks to introduce carrots. He is okay with potatoes and apples. What else can i give him.
    Yellow pumpkin? If so, should i cook it it steam and mash it. Please share your experience

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

every veggie shud be cooked and mashed until 1 yr for easier digestion and absorption for an infant body...
    I think yolk shud be avoided initially and only a small piece of minced egg white (boiled) be tried to start with..

Food shud be similar to readymade porridge being given.... grinded/ mashed paste til 1st Bday.
    If a child is good eater then u can progress on feeding.. until then avoid any items that can cause farting... cos they're yet to master how to let it PASS.....

2 people like this.
  3. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the advise shilpa. I currently give him apple, potato and carrot. But he passed carrot in his stool and i have stopped carrot for a while. What other veggies can i give him.

4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Beans (tendor ones only), beetroot, tomato, peas..
    again everything has to be boiled and mashed........... minimal salt...

if you can see carrot in his stools... it means it wasn't mashed properly... until 6 mnth kids are on milk only... and now only introduced to other food items... it has to start with soups and total mashed food so that the intestines learn to absorb them.... their stomach is not having a capacity to break down the food yet,.. and you'll put them to pain by giving big pieces.

1 person likes this.
  5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Abhinaya,
    you can steam carrot or pressure cook it.This will help you to mash it properly.As Shilpama suggested all veggies should be introduced mashed. Introduce egg white either by half boiling or by making bullseye/sunny side up. Start with one tea spoon of egg white and slowly increase the quantity.You should be giving a complete egg white only by a month.

6. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

Raw/ Half boiled eggs are source of Salmonella Enteritidis bacteria. You should always hard boil/fully cook an egg before feeding to a child.

It might be difficult for the kid to digest the yellow. Start with egg white and move on to the yellow.

7. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Are you sure you can give egg to 7month old baby? My Ped was not in favor of it until 10 months and even at that time he said I can give only yolk and no white.. Few FB here have been opposite to what my doc said so I would suggest you ask your doc before giving it.

1 person likes this.
  8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I agree with Chitra. Introducing eggs before 10 months to a year is not safe. It can lead to egg allergies in some cases. Start with the yolk, it is much safer. Egg whites should not be given before 1 year of age.

1 person likes this.
  10. optimism

optimism Junior IL'ite

my paed told no egg till 1 yr