1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to stop milk during night times

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by aru219, Mar 8, 2008.

1. aru219

aru219 New IL'ite

hi my son is 1.5 yr old .he eats his dinner by 7pm n sleeps by 8.duiring night times he cries very loud n i give him milk with bottle.he drinks 3 or 4 half bottles the whole n8.i just want to stop this habit becoz he got teeth.please anybody suggest me some ideas and tell me how to stop feeding with bottle.
    thaknks in advance
    aruna

2. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi aruna
    Try giving him a full glas of milk just b4 he goes to bed..
    Cheers
    Ramya

3. shailey

shailey New IL'ite

I have a 22 months old daughter.She was doing exactly the same thing as your baby does.What I did was I started giving her dinner at 6pm evening and milk at 8pm.The feeding gap make him hungry which makes her drink milk as needed.At night whenever she started cry I gave her water only ,no milk.She cried for 3-5 days but now she knows no milk at night and she is adjusted to this routine.
    I know its hard to see our baby crying but little bit of rule will make your as well as your baby life easier .

4. aru219

aru219 New IL'ite

thanks i will try from today

5. sudhirakumar

sudhirakumar Senior IL'ite

i too had the same problem with my son. I tried giving him dinner around 7:30 pm ( tough its not recommended to for kids to have late dinners) and put himto sleep around 9:00 by giviing him a 6 ounces of milk in a bottle.and when he woke up at night for milk first i diluted the milk like 1/2 milk,1/2 water and gave him that he did not like and finally he stopped drinking at night. once they stop to drinking at nights they stop it very soon. and one more thing you can do is to keep you buddy active through out the day i mean to reduce her napping time in the afternoon so that he will be tired and may be go to sleep...

try out diluting the milk it worked for me

bye
    sudhira

6. aru219

aru219 New IL'ite

hi i tried the water thing n i thnk its working since one wk he is crying in the nights but taking only water.thankq very much for the suggestion
    aruna

7. shailey

shailey New IL'ite

Good to know that your baby is getting used to the routine.Thumbs up!!!!!!