1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3 months baby:-)

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by SSSMagic, May 1, 2013.

1. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends...
    My DD is 100days old:)
    She is on Formula(Dexolac) from birth... (due to some reason,i've already post,thanks for ur advise friends)
    Now she slowly started latching:) But milk totally stopped for me... Then i checked Gyne she gave me tablets and a powder that have to mix with milk:bonk But all for DD...

1. Even after a hour of active suck too she need to drink that formula milk in bottle again.. Why?
    2. I give in 1 side,in between that i checked weather the milk is coming or not.. I used to press,and i saw a drop of milk coming from it then i again feed her.. If it doesn't come while i press then i switch her to another side..
    3. repeat the same for the next side... Wait for some min... Then she cry again so i gave milk in bottle...
    4. I thought the milk is not enough...
    5. What shall i do?
    6. Am having that milk which Dr gave for milk.. Having more Garlic.. Having dhall..
    7. 1s the milk got stopped completely it ll not secret again??
    8. 3-4days after my C-sec,milk got clot and some times it leak by its own,By that time my DD did nt suck.. But now she is doing but for me:-(
    9. Now she is having Formula 2-3hrs gap.. for each serve 100ml in day...And after 12am,3-4hrs or 5hrs gap 2 times - 100mi... Is this amount and time fine?
    10. Her birth weight is 2.7kg and now 4.3kg(as on 75days)Is it fine?
    11. Or i need to increase the ml?
    12. When can i start other foods like fruits or veg - Puries ?(ve seen sm tips for this in ILites thanks a lot for that friends)
    13. Till how many months should i feed her in between sleep during night time?

Last edited: May 1, 2013

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You might not be producing enough milk. Usually milk production never stops when there is active sucking/latching. There is continuous production. But at the end of sucking the stored milk gets over and the process is started again. Pump/express your milk once every week and see to check your supply. this will be better indicator for your supply quantity.Nobody can answer the question if your milk production will stop or continue. Only time will tell.

If your milk production is low then your dd might not be satisfied even after 1 hour of sucking. This could be the main reason for having formula even after sucking.

Usually when you give formula, LO's next feed should typically be after 3-4 hours. If your LO startes feeling hungry at 2-2.5 hours itself then she is not having enough formula at feeding time. In the night it is ok to have a longer gap between feeds.

What is her paed saying on weight gain? I feel your LO is doing good.

Ideally solids should be started when LO's are of 6 months of age. But now several moms do start veg/fruit purees, rice cereal when babies are 4 months old.

If she resists feeding at night, then you can stop it (once she turns 4 months old) and allow her to sleep through the night. But if she needs the feed, then continue till she is 1 year old. You can also try stopping it when teeth start coming out to help prevent cavities.

3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi

I had the same issue exactly. If you see drops of milk only, then it is not sufficinet for the kid.

1. Even after a hour of active suck too she need to drink that formula milk in bottle again.. Why?
    Your Milk is not sufficient thats why she goes for bottle, same case her

1. I give in 1 side,in between that i checked weather the milk is coming or not.. I used to press,and i saw a drop of milk coming from it then i again feed her.. If it doesn't come while i press then i switch her to another side..
    My paed said only if the milk drips from baby's lips, then milk is sufficient for kid.

1. repeat the same for the next side... Wait for some min... Then she cry again so i gave milk in bottle...
    2. I thought the milk is not enough...
    3. What shall i do?
    Try taking asparagus powder, it worked out a little bit.

1. Am having that milk which Dr gave for milk.. Having more Garlic.. Having dhall..
    I too had never worked out, only asparagus was bit helpful

1. 1s the milk got stopped completely it ll not secret again??
    No try giving as much as possible, only then kid will get at least something

1. 3-4days after my C-sec,milk got clot and some times it leak by its own,By that time my DD did nt suck.. But now she is doing but for me
    Same pinch

1. Now she is having Formula 2-3hrs gap.. for each serve 100ml in day...And after 12am,3-4hrs or 5hrs gap 2 times - 100mi... Is this amount and time fine?
    Fine, if the baby cries give milk as simple as that

1. Her birth weight is 2.7kg and now 4.3kg(as on 75days)Is it fine?
    My kid was 3kg after 75 days, but now at 11 months, dr says she is fine

1. Or i need to increase the ml?
    See if your kid feels hungry and increase only if so.

1. When can i start other foods like fruits or veg - Puries ?(ve seen sm tips for this in ILites thanks a lot for that friends)
      I started after 3.5 months, began with nestum, then after a week carrots
    2. Till how many months should i feed her in between sleep during night time?
    As long as she needs. that is the rule. Dont worry after 7 months, my kid stopped having milk after 11 PM and slept.

[/QUOTE]

4. neetamenon

neetamenon Bronze IL'ite

My daughter will be 3 months on the 15th. She usually eats 6 oz every 3-4 hours. She has been sleeping through the night since she was 5 weeks old (I think I'm a very lucky mommy as every baby is different). When she wakes up in the morning, she will usually have about 8 oz, but not always. On average, she drinks 28-30 oz a day (she's about 11 lb). We have not started on rice cereal. Check with your pediatrician before giving baby rice cereal; usually it isn't necessary until the baby is 5-6 months old, but again, it depends on your baby's growth and weight gain. Always check with your pediatrician before changing baby's diet. Breastmilk or formula is usually all a baby needs until 6 months of age, unless otherwise recommended by your pediatrician.