1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When can I give badam and cashew for my 11 month baby?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by ndta26chennai, Nov 11, 2012.

1. ndta26chennai

ndta26chennai Gold IL'ite

hi,
    i would like to add badam and cashew to the raagi kanji for my 11 month old kid.when can i start for him and also the quantity and how can i mix it up with it,please help.

2. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Hey for ragi I have no idea..I am from north India in that side no one give ragi...haha so no idea..
    But I am soaking 2 cashew+2 almond+6 kismish(raisins)..at night.and in morning I grind it with little milk...so I give this to my son...
    I am giving this when he turn 7 month old...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
  3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    As far as I know dryfruits are avoided till baby is 1 year old....

4. sweet25

sweet25 Junior IL'ite

you can give raagi right away. you can add almonds and cashew after your baby's first b'day. But dont give him in winter very frequently. take care.

5. ndta26chennai

ndta26chennai Gold IL'ite

thank u ladies.i ll try after 12th month.

6. Ezhil518

Ezhil518 Bronze IL'ite

I am giving cashews, badam, figs, dates, raisins for my son from his 8th month....But I know it varies with each baby. But there is no harm in trying...give him in small quantities and see if it's okay for him...I would soak 2 cashews, 3badams in water overnight and then grind it along with apple or pear in morning. Even my sister in law added cashews and badams in my sons' kanji mix and i am giving that to my son from his 5th month. Remember try giving him in small quantities.

@sweet25 Why cashews and almonds should not be given during winter time?

7. sangeethaamar

sangeethaamar Silver IL'ite

@Tashsan & @ Ezhil -Oh its nice idea to soak the badam and cashew and give it as puree. I do give my baby ragi kanji which has badam in it from his 5th month.

8. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

@Tahsin, @Ezhil, I tried soaking almonds overnight and ground it with milk or apple the next morning. When I tasted it, I felt a raw taste of almonds and since it was just 3 almonds, it didn't grind to a fine paste as well. My DD didn't like it. Am I missing something?

9. Ezhil518

Ezhil518 Bronze IL'ite

@karanu Try adding one dates along with the puree..you will not feel the raw taste of almonds. I am using preeti mixie small jar to grind it..it grinds to smooth paste...I will put almonds,half fig, one dates, either apple/pear/pineapple to it..everything will be grinded to a smooth paste.
    I saw this information online ..giving homemade almond milk is good for babies. so going to try that tomorrow for my son.Here is the link for the same
    Almond Milk for Babies and Kids | Indian Healthy Recipes, Vegetarian and Chicken Recipes of India