1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lizard in health drink for kids - C _ _ P _ _ N

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by chamu02, Aug 28, 2012.

1. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

I wanted to share with you all the instance happened to my neighbor.

She has 2 kids of age 8 & 4 for whom she used to give this health drink mixed with milk daily morning ( due to lack of time to give breakfast and which is usually provided in school for the 4 yr old kid , who leaves at 7.30 am ) .

2 days back she was preparing the health drink. The 1st scoop of powder had a dry stick , she was about to throw it casusally but it was unsual that caught her attention and so she tapped the health drink powder sticked to it and took a keen watch over it .

She was very much shocked and screamed in an alarming voice as it was a lizard - DRY and powder. It took so long for the couple to console themselves and her hubby immediately approached the international food association and lodged a complaint where another shock was waiting for them. The same kind of complaint was also lodged last month in Thailand.

Am a home maker and not against any health drink But still not sure if i can give the name of the brand .

Am so much agitated that i really want to take this to limelight as many mothers are strongly believing this health drink for their kids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! including me !!

Please advise how we can take this to public ?

2. kj2008

kj2008 Senior IL'ite

Oh my god!! This is really bad :rant

I was thinking of trying this brand for my kids and was forcing my daughter to try this one...but luckily she is ok with Bournvita

Thankfully I am saved otherwise my kids health might suffer....Can you share where did your neighbour buy this drink from? Any particular store....

Thanks a lot chamu for bringing the issue into limelight....

3. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

I think we should all stop using this drink. We should post this message in as many sites as possible so that people come to know about this.

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Oh my God.Very shocking..all the health drinks and mixes that we consider very healthy and nutritious may not necessarily be prepared in the most cleanest surrounding..what is the use of a health drink when it has been manufactured in an unhealthy unit???

This can be possible in any consumer item and it is mandatory that a complaint be lodged at once. Thanks for bringing this to attention

5. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

hi,
    Shall get you the info about it ASAP .
    And i used to get from India in bulk every time. Now it is stored in my shelf as a bulk for 2-3 months !!! Am blinking seeing it every time.

6. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Oh My God!!!! That's so shocking!!!!!

7. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

I guess it is important to first find out from where she bought her stuff. While buying stuff to be consumed, it is important to read the packaging date and also check if the packaging is proper and not damaged. Usually, we see this problem when eatables are not stored in proper conditions in the stores or shelves.

I have grown up drinking Bournvita n Complan and have never had this problem or any other health issue and now my kids too have the same drink.

This might be a one off instance and not really a health scare as such. But thanks for sharing - we can all be a little more vigilant while buying and using this stuff.

love,
    kylie

8. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for this piece of info! they have complained, it should help hopefully.

9. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chamu
    That is why I am against branded health drinks ...

10. Pavirang

Pavirang Bronze IL'ite

Chamu, thanks a lot for sharing, I do use this brand now n then for my kid.Now I'm feeling really scared N worried.also my mother is always a big fan for this health drink. She often tells me i gave u this drink when u were kid.
    plz check where ur friend brought this product, from here r India.i think it's better to go for some self made homemade health drinks.