1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest tips for Underweight baby

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by siddhida, Sep 20, 2011.

1. siddhida

siddhida New IL'ite

Hi..my baby is 12 month old and her wt is 8.5kg. Just I'm worrying that my baby weight fall below the average weight...I'm giving her following recipe from last 4 months....morning at 7 am banana & straw berry jucice.at 9.00am ragi java (soup) contains -ragi, rice, urid,and wheat flours along ghee...at 10.30 am 120ml of formula (Soya based....Since my baby is intolerant to lactogen) milk, at 1 PM rice+dal along ghee, around 4.00 PM pears +cherry or date jucie, at dinner time (6 pm) rice+ dal+veg smash with rasam.. and at night one time milk...she is not happy to take more formula milk. ..but she is highly active and healthy.
    Can any one suggest what are the best Indian vegetarian food recipes for gaining the weight for babies in the age of 12 to 18 months.

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Siddhida,

For her age I think she is of normal weight. Dont worry too much about weight gain. As the kid is active and healthy it is fine. Start feeding her like what ever you cook for you people. Rice, rasam, sambar, dal. You can give her fruits like sapota , orange , pineapple. And for the soup you are making ...add almond, Peanuts , Cashews. Dry roast it little and grind it and keep it in a air tight container. While making the soup add one spoon of this powder also. This will give the strength to children.

3. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

dear Siddhida,
    your baby is not underweight i guess. what was her birth weight.a healthy baby should be around 2 times the birth weight when she is 6 months old and around 3 times the birth weight when she is 1 yr old.you can include boiled apple and also try to include different pulses other than the normal toor dal available.you can use moong dal.you can add jaggery in Ragi java.since she is active you neednot bother much about the weight aspect