1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is parle-g biscuits OK to give daily?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by samhi, Jul 7, 2011.

1. samhi

samhi New IL'ite

Hi,

I usually give parle-g biscuits mixed in milk to my 8 month old son during snack time.Just wanted to know others opinion regarding this.Is it ok to give parle-g biscuits daily?

2. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

i think you should not give these biscuits as it contains plain flour, which is not good for babies till they are 1 yr old.
    you should search for wheat bran or suji biscuits in the market.i think you can order bakeries also for making biscuits
    as per your like.you can make biscuits with wheat flour,suji, butter egg and sugar.try google.

3. samhi

samhi New IL'ite

Ok.I'll search for wheat biscuits.

4. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

biscuit is not a good option,be it wheat or suji...artificial flavours, colours and preservatives are unavoidable in biscuits...try giving fruits or homemade traditional snacks...

1 person likes this.
  5. tams

tams New IL'ite

I'm of the same opinion as amrita. But still want to seek expert advise on the same. How good it is to give daily biscuit to baby...be it any type?? My baby is 13 months old. I prefer giving home food or fruits to my baby but my parents feeds him daily one biscuit. I want exact reason for it to explain them this logic

6. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Oh is not good to feed biscuits?
    My paed suggested to give britania milk bikis from 6 months(not more than 2,as it may make baby gain more weight)
    Also dry biscuits.

7. Vlakh

Vlakh Silver IL'ite

Hi Samhi,

I notice that you live in US. The best way to find out is either ask your Doctor or go to any supermarket baby aisle. You will find all sorts of food there. For eg: Walmart: baby section, they have veggie crunchy v.soft for babies and toddlers.

Whatever, you decide to feed, give it in portion. Not too much. And you can alternate.

Hope this helps...:)

8. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yeah even I give my baby britannia milk bikis. 1 or 2 biscuits once in 2 days or so.