1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Storing Formula Milk

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Pritirach, May 11, 2011.

1. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am till now exclusively BF'ing 4 month old.Need to join work next month.So am decided to start Formula .Doc suggested NAN1.Got refill pack.Am not sure how and where to store once opened.So am yet to open it.Can i transfer it to airtight plastic container.Please suggest which type of container can be used for storage of Formula.

Priti

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priti....

You can very well transfer the NAN contents to an airtight bottle/container.But it is recommended (you can see the message on the carton too) that you finish off the formula within 3-4 weeks of breaking its seal...IF you have not used at all,you can probably keep for one or two weeks more but its always better to go by the suggestion..Also once you have prepared the formula be sure to give it to the baby immediately or max within an hour...please dont keep the prepared formula out for a long time and feed the same for the next time...never do this...prepare the formula milk as per the requirement of the baby...

And I hope you have already planned to store your BM for your LO when you are away for work....In case you have not,please plan for the same as BM is very much essential till your baby reaches 6 months and would be great if you could feed till 1 year....

All the best!!!!!!