1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kids food

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by mathangikkumar, Apr 27, 2011.

1. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

All kids are fussy when it comes to eating esp. when they can say ‘NO’.

Firstly the food should be attractively served and normal idly shape can be changed to square or rectangle, by cutting them ,make idli uppuma serve with green, red chutneys.

After boiling vegetables make round balls and shallow fry like cutlet and give. Coriander, tomato and mild masalas can be grounded and mixed with boiled vegetables like carrot, beetroot and potato would give a colorful feast to the eyes.

Always try to present them in different colorful plates ,cups and dishes to tempt them. From my personal experience, I would sometimes if I make something new, brand them as neighbours and give them because kids get bored with our own food.

Tell them the usefulness of vegetables, fruits and how so and so did well in sports, studies, or solved puzzles etc to make them eat. All kids would like to do well in studies.

Making salads of carrot, beetroot, tomato,cabbage and adding a little bit of vinegar, sauce, salt and pepper would give them the appetite to cme forward. For a change cut them differently. Allow them to mix them on their own, this freedom would encourage to go for it.

2. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

good info..thanks for sharing

3. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much mam, they are very useful tips.
    I have a 2 year old DS who is a fussy eater, but eats anything new or when presented fancifully!thank you so much

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

useful tips...thanks for sharing

5. madhoo78

madhoo78 Bronze IL'ite

very useful tips! thanks for sharing!

6. ramyasrini

ramyasrini New IL'ite

Thats really true madam.. my son is 16 months old he eats properly or drinks if i give them in different bowls ,cups or plates..i am trying this from his 10 th month..bcoz of this i started collecting diff color bowls.. he likes it..

Ramya ..

7. priyasudhakar

priyasudhakar Gold IL'ite

hi mathangi madam,

actually i thought of creating a thread on ur topic but happy to c urs, my query is how to make lunch box packing attractive, plz reply

priya