1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my son dosen't like cereal :( pls help

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by ansv, Apr 17, 2011.

1. ansv

ansv New IL'ite

Hi firends

I am a south indian mom of 10 months old son. He is not a fussy eater and he likes to have idly, rice, veggie and fruit purees... but he totally dosent like cereal.. morning I give him idly and anoon I give him rice,dhal and 1 veg. eve - cereal. but he is spitting the whole thing.. I really dont know what to give for dinner.

Can anyone suggest what to give for dinner? pls help.. :hide:
    ansv

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Have you tasted those things? I have and I don't blame him. I often add cooked vegetables to cereal for my daughter.

HTH!!!

3. ansv

ansv New IL'ite

yes.. I gave cerelac and it tastes good... i tried diff methods.. but he is not having. any other dinner options?

4. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

well same here, my LO eats everything else except cereals. I tried all ways and different combination of veggies with it but in vain. So i gave up and now feed rice / chappati made into small pieces for dinner also.

5. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

I give DD rice and dal for dinner.

6. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

You don't have to give him cereal for dinner. Mashed up curd rice, kanji vagera like oats, or rice or even sabhudhana is easy for kids to digest. I feel old is gold and curd rice in the night is your best bet for a easy to digest meal in the night. You could add a little bit of dhal/sambhar/a lil bit of cooked carrot but you don't have to. Yougurt and rice combo is soothing for baby and helps them sleep better.

If you add a 1/4 teaspoon sugar+salt mix to the curd rice, the kids love it! I used to put in the mixer for just a few second to blend to a smooth consistency. Try it.

7. avenka

avenka Senior IL'ite

Hi Ansv

My son is 1.5 yrs now...but when he was 10 mts old i use to give him idly or pongal for dinner....I was told by the doc not to force kids..if he doesnot like cerelac dont force him....give him something like pongal which is also good for digestion....just dont add too much ghee or dalda. The doc told me pongal dhal digests faster....so dont worry....chill

8. ansv

ansv New IL'ite

Dear All

Thanks for the response. You have given me quiet a few options to try. I have a few questions about curd rice. I am told that babies should not be given the curd that we eat. Is there any special method of preparing curd for babies? Will curd rice in the night cause cold?

Thanks again

Please let me know

Regards
    ansv

9. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

No special method. Just make it with organic whole milk. They shouldn't eat reduced fat anything.

10. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Also make sure the curd is not too sour. Let it sit out for maybe 3-5 hrs after the addition of the starter. I don't know about your weather there but if it is very warm then the curd should be curdled without getting sour in about 4 hours. Put it in the fridge and give him as needed. If you find the curd too sour, add milk to it and let it sit out for another 30 mins.