1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

bathing tips for 16 months old boy baby!!!!

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by sharon ganesh, Nov 2, 2010.

1. sharon ganesh

sharon ganesh New IL'ite

Hello,

Please help me as how to give bath to my baby as till now i used to make him lie down on my legs and bathe but now he is grown quite tall and loves to play with water instead.

Should i buy a tub for him? if so please advice as where should i purchase that from. i live in padmarao nagar in secunderabad. Any outlets near by will help.

Also food diet for him as he was a good eater but offlate likes only milk.

Also how often should i give him bath as it is winter now.

Please reply.

Sharon :)

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sharon,

LOs keep moving or playing even while they bath..hence it becomes very difficult for the person who is giving them bath...hence we should follow few tips to make them stand without much movement...my DD started playing ever since she started to stand and sometimes shows more resistance when we try to give her bath...i tried making her sit and also bought a bath tub for her...nothing worked..
    Tips that worked for me
    (1)bought few bath toys of different shapes and colours...whenever we give her bath,we hand over these toys to her and she would be playing with them..during that time i would fill the dolls with water and keep sqeezing on her and slowly she started doing for herself and really loves playing that way...(you can do similarly by piercing holes in bottles)
    (2)purchased an inflatable bath tub(you would have seen in fancy shops) and after she takes a bath(no headbath),we make her sit and pour and water into it and allow her to play for some 5 minutes and also put the toys in the tub and she really loves playing ..initially she played for very little time and slowly got adjusted...
    (3) giving bubble bath...(you can find these bubble solutions for kids in stores)
    (4) Keep playing with your little one...sing to them,tell them stories and play with their hands and legs...in this way they would get distracted and giving a bath would become easy

but make sure you dont allow the baby to stay in water for more time...during winter,depending on the climate you can give bath...for dhrithi,in case it rains heavily or its too cold that day,we avoid giving her bath...during those days,i just wipe all her body with baby wet tissues and apply jhonson baby lotion so that she remains fresh...

3. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sharon,

DD is now 15 months and she loves a lot to play in water while bathing. We used a small tub to make her sit in it while she was 7-8 months. But we couldnt continue that after 11-12 months. She wanted to stand and play in the water and will not sit in the tub. We give her small toys to play (sometime even plastic spoons or bowls) during bath time. She needs a separate cup of water to play with while we quickly bathe her. So think twice before buying on a bath tub. If he doesnt prefer to sit in a place, it might not work out.

4. sharon ganesh

sharon ganesh New IL'ite

Hello Folks,

Thank you so much for your valuable and prompt reply.

Also please advice on his diet as he loves to drink milk from the bottle only.

1) can i give him kellogs (honey) or any other snacks.

Thanks
    Sharon

5. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Sharon,as your DS nearing 18 months,better to get him used to cup for drinking milk.you can give him bottle at night and during daytime try to make him use cup.

You can give Kellogg's to him.but avoid hard foods that cause choking.

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame