1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Mum's recipes and remedies for kids

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by akila, May 20, 2005.

1. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Extremely useful thread! Keep it up.Wish you all the best.It is educative even for us
    Nuggehalli Pankaja

2. anushkrishna

anushkrishna New IL'ite

hiii
    my 11 months old daughter is sucking her middle two fingers ( i mean tallman and ringman fingers) for the whole day and because of that she is not taking her food properly.if anyone is having remedy to stop this problem if so kindly help me.

3. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

GOOD THREAD,

food for 1year babies:

1)Rice :
    Dry roast the raw rice+moongdal.Cool and coarse grind it like(texture should like broken rice or cracked wheat).Now dry roast 4tsp of ajwain seeds and 4tsp of cumin seeds and store them in another airtight container..

cooking procedure for this rice :wash the 2tbsp of rice+moongdal mixture and pressure cook along with 1/4tsp of ajwain+cumin mixture+water+washed and cleaned vegetables likegrated carrot,chopped spinach,green beans,green peas,amaranth leaves etc ..whatever vegetables available at home..

Once the rice with veggies is cooked..prepare plain rasam or carrot-tomato rasam and mash it well and serve with ghee ..or grind the cooked rice-veggie mix with 3-4tbsp or more of rasam to smooth paste and serve them..

2). microwave 1/2cup green peas with 3tbspoons of water and 1/4tsp of sugar or a pinch of salt for 3minutes and mash it and serve.

Remedies for vomitings(smaller vomits),flum : Wash and soak cumin seeds in pumped breast milk for 1/2 an hour to 1hour and feed them..So that it would come down.

Give Appropriate measure of medication for fever : When kids have fever,see that u give exact dosage of tylenol/mortrin or any other fever reducer and try to lower the temperature immediately..And the amount of dosage of medicine depends on Age,height & weight of ur kid.please ask your child's pediatrician the right dosage of mediciation to be given to ur kids before they prescribe any medicines..

-Cheers,
    Vaishu

4. vaishnavilakshmi

Hi,

WHAT TO DO WHEN KIDS SWALLOW ANY COINS OR SMALL THINGS:

It is very common that most of the kids swallow something or the other..Don't freek out.Try to feed them stick and starchy foods like bananna,idli,rice,so that it would pass through the intestine and come out with stool.And also leave a word with doctor too!!!(MY 9th month old boy swallowed the nut of the idli stand ,and it came out in his stool when i did so).

Hope this helps,
    -cheers,
    -vaishu

5. anu9

anu9 New IL'ite

hi vaishu,

even my daughter swallowed my ear ring. i gave 3 bananas and white grape juice ((Gerber juice)) and it came out . thank god! i was tooooooooooooo worried of taking her to hospital and doing tests. thx to god! and this gerber juice.

when ever kids get constipation u can give this gerber white grape and apple juice in vice versa.

Thx
    Anu

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i think it is turmeric powder, which is a grt healer for all throat infection and cold etc....regards sunkan

7. bhuvanaprabhu

bhuvanaprabhu Silver IL'ite

hi all

This is extremely useful thread...

Its of great help for mothers like me...

thanks and keep going...

i have a prob my child is 3mths old, still now he is breastfed, but my friends and neighbours asks to feed cerelac like external food too...

when exquired with doctor she says its not good to feed any external food till 6 months(he gets enough milk)....

pls advise...

bhuvana

8. vaishnavilakshmi

Hi Bhuvana,

I sincerely advice u not to feed any solid food until she is 5.5 months to 6months old. Start cerelac or any other cereal only when baby is 5/5months or 6months old.

About Milk : Its good to breast feed babies for atleast 6months.Baby gets enough nutrients from ur milk which ultimately helps in developing good immune system.

If baby is growing well in terms of height,weight etc,i don't think u will need to give him external milk. If u think baby is not getting enough milk and he/she is crying frequently,u can give him/her some doctor prescribed formula like lactodex etc. in addition to breast milk.Iam not sure of the names,but u can ask ur child's pediatrician .But always check with Pediatrician before u give any external milk/solid to ur baby.

May i suggest u the best website for babies and kids information :

Pregnancy, Baby, and Toddler Information, Baby Gifts, and Parenting Community - BabyCenter .

Hope this helps u,
    Cheers,
    Vaishu

9. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Hi Bhuvana

as vaishu had said,its better to breast feed ur baby atleast for 6 months..when my daughter was 3 months old i started sathukudi juice for her....i used to give her arnd 2 or 3 in the noon...started off with 1 spoon a day and slowly increasd the quantity...sathukudi juice is good for children as it contains vitamin C....i am sure the baby would also enjoy drinking juices..

but deftly consult ur doc b4 starting..

lov
    sowmini

10. bhuvanaprabhu

bhuvanaprabhu Silver IL'ite

Hi vaibu & sowmi:wave

Thanks a lot for your feedback… I think my baby isn’t getting enough milk for past 3-4 days, its keep on crying let me consult my pediatrician as vaibu said…

Let me mail you people as soon as meet my doctor…

Vaibu thanks for the site address let me check the same…

Bye..

Bhuvana