Horoscope for babies

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by MrsV, Jul 21, 2009.

1. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

Looking for some guidance.. at what age do you chart someone's horoscope? I am from Kerala, and I always thought that the horoscope was done for the 28th day ceremony. Recently, I was told that you should not chart a person's horoscope until they are 12 years old.. and one set of grandparents already charted the baby's horoscope and some bits of it is already quite evident unfortunately, and the other set just does not even want to consider it, and now there is a family feud going on! :hide:

Please help!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

MrsV, my FIL was recently telling me that they chart it after baby is 1 year old. Don't know if this differs from area to area or from community to community. Never heard of the 12 year old thing - my in-laws have already done this for my 4 year old (after he turned 1, I think).

It is unfortunate how this has caused tensions in your family. Let the other party do another horoscope per their beliefs....

3. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

MrsV. Yes, some sect of people think that the horoscope should not be made for babies before certain age. This time one of our family friends who does astrology as a hobby (he comes from astrologer family and well versed in that) visited us. I asked him this question whether I can chart my daughter's horoscope (she's 5 1/2 now). He was just fine. He said there are no issues. Infact my brother got my daughter's horoscope using a popular horoscope s/w. I think there shouldn't be any problem to get your baby's horoscope charted.

-Uma

4. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi Mrs v,

generally they cast horoscope only after the kid completes 1 yr. in my case my in laws asked me to wait until she completes 2 yrs. generally they don't interpret or do the prediction unless there is any emergency till the kid is 12 or 10 yrs.

follow which ever is good for your baby.

5. vinaa

vinaa New IL'ite

There is no harm in writing horoscope. I want to give full explanation of why 12 years come into picture. Since I know astrology and I can tell the facts.

Once the child is born, the first 4 years, it is controlled by Mother's horoscope and second 4 years, it is controlled by Father's horoscope.

That means, first 4 years, whatever the dasha-bukthi happening for the mother is applicable and similarly for next 4 years of father's. So, basically, if you want to predict, within 8 years, see the 5th place of parent's horoscope and can tell the future of the child. You do not need to have predicted the child's own horoscope.

Then the third 4 years onwards, child's own dasha-bukthi will happen.

In Astrology, a chapter called Balarishtam, which deals about the pre-mature death. Any child has lesser duration of life on or before 12 years of completion, this means Balarishta Dosham.

Because of this, many elders not advicing to see the horoscope of the children before 12 years and we will be unnecessarily worried, if this child has Balarishtam. But in general as a parent, we keep always pray to god. Hope you also aware, after completing one year, we always does "Aayush Homam", this is for the longivity of the child. Also we do tonsuring to the family deity (Kula deivam) at the end of first year.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  6. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

vinaa.. thank you for the wonderful explanation!!

ladies, btw, its not my baby.. its a baby in the family... :)

7. HelpMe

HelpMe New IL'ite

Horoscope for babies can be charted out as early as after the 21 days of birth, the saying of waiting for 12 years or longer is probably based out of the fact that the child is too young to face consequences of life and the need to worry about a baby's horoscope is unwarranted for.

No harm is doen whether you have the horoscope generated early or late.