What effect gemstones has on stars/planets and person's destiny?

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by rissy, Dec 9, 2011.

1. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

No offense to anyone and its not like I am questioning or something but I am just curious to know whats the logic behind or connection between gemstones & star/planets, specific dosha (like mangal dosha) and person's destiny. How wearing gemstones help people & what good or bad effect it has on stars & planets as per Indian astrology? how this gemstone act as remedy and how this gemstones help that person suffering from specific or to get rid of problem or what effect it has on stars and planets? Also one more thing, someone advised me to wear yellow sapphire pukhraj in right hand index finger but can someone tell me what this yellow sapphire cost in Indian market?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011

2. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Our ancestors have interpreted from the instances from various ages that the gems influence its powers on the human beings according to their inner qualities. (Vaadha / Pitha / Kabha) In curing diseases, gems works like vaccines. In Varahimira's Brihat Jaathaga Samhita, he has told that there are auspicious and inauspicious gems.

Ratneena Subhena Subham Bhavati Nrupaanaamanishta Masubheena
    Yasmaadataha Pareekshyam Daivam Ratnaasritam Tanjnaih

Best features and characteristics which a gem has, is good to the king as well as the others. The relative gems of the planets with their radio-active power are quite capable of filtering the rays of the planets. Human body is a mixture of Minerals and Chemicals, shows fluctuation of cosmic rays emitted from the respective planets. Power waves are in the form of rays. So these rays enter special ray into the body, regulates the chemicals and minerals so as to keep the body in sound healthy condition. When spreading the radio-active rays on the gems peculiar type of results were observed. The available gems naturally have the powers of emitting the most powerful rays to combat the diseases, creating rays. Jataga Parihjaatham says :-

Maukhvikam Dinanaamakasya Vimalam Mukthaaphalam Seetagooh
    Maaheyasvee cha Vidrumam Soumasya Garutmakam
    Devejyasya cha pushparaaga musu raacharyasya vajram sanuah
    Neelam Nirmalamanya Yoscha Gadithe Gomedha Vaidhooryakeh

The following are the gems to the planets indicated hereunder :-
    Sun - Ruby
    Moon - Pearl
    Mars - Coral
    Mercury - Emerald
    Jupiter - Topaz
    Venus - Diamond
    Saturn - Sapphire
    Rahu - Pegmatite
    Kethu - Cat's Eye
    The gems protect us from the evil effects of the planets just an umbrella, gives protection from sun rays. That is why it has become customary to wear gems in rings and in ornaments. The uses of gems were mentioned in the Brihat Samhita, Bhaava Prakaasika, Aayurvedic Prakaasika, Ratna Samuchchaaya and other medical texts.

Hope this clears Rissy to Some extent... :)

Jyothisha Vigyana Krushivala
    Karai. G. Swaminatha Sharma

1 person likes this.
  3. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

okey Malaswami, thanks for the information. Can you also tell that should women wear this gemstones when in periods (menses). I am asking this because many religious scriptures forbid women from going to temple or doing religious activity during menses because it is believed that her aura is not good during that period so just in case wondering that is it good to wear gemstones during that time or not.

Though ur information is satisfactory, I still have one doubt. If by wearing gemstones all the problems could be solvod then ain't all the people buy this and solve their problems. Then what will be the meaning of doing and making efforts or karma.

4. gemlab

gemlab New IL'ite

its effect on us so must need to concern first with a astrologers

5. imfairy

imfairy Senior IL'ite

Re: Gemstone/Birthstone - please advise

Hi,

My Sun sign is Scorpio (DoB: 15-nov)
    and my Moon sign (i.e as per jathagam) cancer (kadaga rasi)

Can some pls advise what gem stone is suitable for me: i was told for Cancer - its pearl Gem, but for Scorpio its Topaz Gem :confused2:

Please HELP