Third Thread-Ask here the Recipes you want from Chitvish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi CV,

In the recpie for Eggless Apple, Dates and Nuts Cake, how do I make the apple puree? Is it the same as apple juice,or does apples have to be pureed? Is there a substitute for apples in this recpies?

Love

Arch

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Arch, just grate & blend apples in mixie- this itself is a substitute for eggs!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

Dear NS.
    I made Instant Morkoyambu just now.I love this koyambu.I have one doubt.After adding the powder in the buttermilk..you have mentioed that we don't need to cook it..just temper and switch off..so won't the powder be raw? just wondering.My thanks in advance,

4. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

:)dear mami,
    we had a friend for lunch today ..made the following
    spoon halwa
    rice semiya cheese balls
    hotel karakozambhu
    mysore rasam
    capsicum parupusili..
    ellame rombha super mami,,instead of red colour i used dark coloured chilli powder,so nanna irundhudhu..friend-um rombha truptiya saapita..
    rombha thanks mami,,from times when i used to get confused on deciding what to cook without any ideas,,now i am confused on what to cook with soooooooooo many recipes...
    will post the photos..
    lov
    aarthi

5. Chitvish

Dear Chitra, for the MK powder all ingredients are nicely browned & powdered - so it gets instantly cooked in the heat. Further cooking will make it 'koza koza'.
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear aarthi, nice menu & no wonder your friend had a lovely feast.
    Colour is not a must - but since you will all ask why we don't get the hotel KK colour, I added that point!!
    For your last line - at times, too much poses a problem, more than too little!!:biggrin2:
    love,
    Chithra

7. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra mami,

Need a big help from you.
    I wanted to know the neividhyam that we are supposed to prepare for Navarathri for each day. Is there a specific neivdhyam for each day and if so, could you kindly send me your link where it is posted as I was unable to reach them.
    Many thanks and appreciate your kind help.

8. meenak

meenak Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra Madam:

I've just starte looking at the great work being done by you in sharing so many recipes with patience and enthusiasm. I am really thankful to you.

I have a request. Could you pls start a thread on what we can cook using millets? Pls refer to this site :

Millets Millets

While we do regular stuff like ragi dosai or kambu dosai , we do not have many recipes using others. Millets are highly nutritious and many, like me, would like to add them to our menu, especially to take care of diabetes.

I recently tried biscuits an cookies using the recipes you have provided and they came out well. I replaced first maida flour with wheat flour and the biscuits came out well too. I then replaced wheat flour with thinai mavu and nobody could make out any difference, it tasted just the same... I then started searching for more recipes on thinai flour and other millets and they are not available much in the net, and hence this request.

BTW, a speciality restaurant has been started in Madurai, which specializes in making idlis, dosas, vella appam and kuzhi appams with millets. The news item came in Kalki magazine a couple of weeks back.

Hope I am not causing inconvenience to you ...

Regards
    Meena K

9. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Dear chithramma,

I have bought a flat iron dosa kal(with holder) from our native and prepared/seasoned as per your tips. Now its ready. But when i used it for rava dosa, as the tava has flat edges, the oil which i pour comes out.
    What should I do? Can you please guide me.

Latha

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

sorry to interrupt.. Mrs.C has given a recipe for cholam dosai which is millet in English(right) and tried it few times, the taste and texture was simply great. I did not know the medicinal value until now. Thanks to Meena..Can you confirm if the finger millet & the one jowar(cholam) are same, Mrs.C or Meena?

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.