Harmless Home Remedies.

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear sanravi,
    Thans for your nice words.
    I do not think, I am knowledgeable enough to answer your query. Is she allergic to any cleaning powder she uses for washing vessels etc? That is a high probability.Or allergy to water can also cause it.Applying moisturising cream cream with aloe vera regularly may help, I think.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Dear suba,
    I suggest, you have your thyroid levels checked. My daughter had this problem & her thyroid level had changed from normal, causing dryness to the skin.
    Increase the water content in your food eating more veges with high water content like cucumber etc.
    I admit, I am not able to help you much - sorry !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra Mam.,

Thanks a lot for ur immediate reply.
    Really u r sooo "Great".I will follow ur advice.
    I had some problems with thyroid before five years and doctor gave me medicines , after that i didnt checked it properly , it was during my PG Course , i dont like my parents to spend their money in my medicines a lot, i Skiped it by saying them , that im fine.

Thanks a lot for all ur support ..., will check the thyroid again.

With love,
    suba

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Chitra mam, i am unlucky that u dont have an answer for this wuery. Anyways whatever u said is useful, i cud tell her...

5. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Dear Sanravi,

Chitvish is 100% right. Even I had this problem because the dish washing liquid that I was using did not agree with me. So, I changed it to a different brand and it got much better. If your mom is washing dishes, you could ask her to wear gloves in future to avoid this. Also, in winter, this problem occurs more often than in summer.

But for the cracks to go away, my MIL suggested this and it worked well for me.
    Ask your mom to apply castor oil to her palms and massage well for a few minutes before going to bed and she can wash her hand in the morning. Doing this for a few weeks will definitely show some improvement.

Hope your baby is doing well.

Take care.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sanravi,

Chithmam and geeta are right about some allergy trigger. if there are no other complaints with your mom., try glycerine based jellies..my daughter gets cracks and peels in her hands the moment she enters anywhere other than chennai. (we used Glysolid..) and one of my friends used SEBA MED (this is steroid based.. try this only if glysolid does not work..)

All said, the simple remedy is grind some mehendi leaves fresh and add a little turmeric to it, and keep on applying...this is a sure bet..u can even add a few neem leaves for a healing purpose...

7. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear Geetha & Shanthi

Thanks for ur suggestions. I dont know how long she is having these cracks but when she came here i saw those cracks as if we cut with knife while cutting vegs. I thought it might be due to some deficiency, dont know!!! prob it might also be due to washing soap as u all said. I will tell her the remedies u told me, hope it helps.
    Thanks agn...Bow

Geetha.. my son is doing good, not sleeping in night ;-)

8. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Hello Mrs. Chitra,

I am 4 months pregnant. Can you please help me with some kashayams made at home to cure the constipation and bloating. bonk

Regards
    Indu.

9. Chitvish

Dear Indumathi,
    Congratulations.
    Please, I repeat, wjhat I write here is only based on experience - I am not qualified in any way !
    For constipation - please regulate your diet.
    Drink plenty of water. Include more roughage in your diet; atleast one whole pulse with skin in any form; more vegetables and more fruits. You can switch over to chappathi once a day, because it gives more fibre. Please buy wheat bran & include it in the dough for chappathi, with your cereals etc compulsorily.Instead of fruit juices, include whole fruits in your diet.
    Bloating can be due to water retention. For that we take Jeera Kashayam during pregnancy. This has to be made fresh daily.
    In a dry kadai, roast 1 tsp jeera till almost black. Add 1 cup of water & boil to simmer. Simmer till it reduces to hlf. Remove & add 1/2 tsp white butter ( if not, ghee). We usually add Panam kalkandu. If you can't get it, add little plain kalkandu or sugar. Drink it hot. Have coffee or whatever, after 15 mts.
    This is a must everyday till you go into labour.This helps as a natural diuretic & eases out all vague pains.
    Take care & all the best.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. krishsudha

krishsudha New IL'ite

Hi,,
    Is there a home remedy for Asthma. My daughter gets bad asthma, whenever the weather changes or a simple cold ends in asthma attack. Please let me know what to do to prevent her attacks.

Thanks,
    sudha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.