Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Chitummaa.

Made sabhudana khichadi, since my MW is down i did'nt visit that page at all... yesterday happened to see that and made it on stove top... it was very filling very yummy, i just loved it...

2. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

Shall pass on your words to Inba. Sincerity, perfection, affection, consideration for others and love over kids are all in his blood . Wherever he goes he is always surrounded by people; needless to mention kids.

He offered to buy an iphone saying that your forum and my interest- both deserve it. But, I postponed it saying that I should upgrade myself trying my hands in baking, sweets and savouries.

I am done with making angel burfi. I just used 1/2 cup each of maida and milk powder. I got the sugar syrup consistency right. As the quantity was less it was not a big deal stirring it. Superb one!

Is the e-book in IL? Couldn't see in this forum.

Great day!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

4. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Thank you for the link. Shall check it out :). I am doubtful that I might not be able to download as I didn't cross 50 posts yet.

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Roja, all the sweets in the ebook are in the forum, some in SBS & others in first page of recipe index.

6. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    Made Masoor dhal dosai last weekend, came out superb. Dh was asking 'How did yoy change the colour of dosai batter from white to pink?' . I had quite a few repeats last week. Rava upma ,which I made in the morning was very nice till dinner (just MW), Mysore rasam which more than half we finished as soup, Chinese noodles which is also very jiffy , Kothamalli saadam- perfect for lunch box And today sunday special Kalyana rasam.These recipes really made life easier since I had to travel everyday.Thank you.
    Since past 15-20 days many people have asked me" So, what;s special for this deepavali?'.Even my MIL asked this & remembered the Badushah from last year.Thanks to you my deepavali sweets & savouries interest them:bowdown.Yet to decide though, the kids WANT Angel Burfi- I'm trying to convince them to let me try something else .Can we store Kasi Halwa for a few days like Wheat Halwa?
    What is special at your end? Will be back with fbs .
    Love,
    Damini.

7. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

Re: Askchitvish apps in news!

dear maami,

the problem with the badusha is the content of the maida bag contained rice flour or some other flour, finally we made it with the maida flour and it came out well. thanks for the quick reply and guidance.

8. Inbaroja

Inbaroja Silver IL'ite

Isn't it a jackpot for them, Mam?

There was a very unexpected breakfast invite from Inba's colleague and his wife is(I should say, was) an ILite. I was casually telling her as I was still a new ILite I was not able to see certain things. She was willing to let me use her id. I requested her to be by my side, browsed the forum heads in full and found out the thread, 'The faces behind....' . So nice to see you. Inba saw you, too. He wanted me to convey his 'Hi' to you. Now I can imagine your face while reading your posts :). I typed these two paras in my previous msg. itself. When I wanted to edit it got very slow and I couldn't copy-post it again.

Lunch was RRKhichdi and boondhi raitha. Just now relished it.

Ok, Mam. Thanks.

9. Chitvish

Dear Damini, you are cooking with great interest & commitment & it shows in your FBs!!
    No, Kasi halwa is made of vegetable & may not keep long. Ashoka halwa will stay well.
    Since Amma passed away I am not celebrating Diwali this year.
    Thanks for the nice FBs!

10. Chitvish

Oh, lovely post, Roja!! So, you had a "sneak preview" even before completing 50 posts!!:hide:
    My very big Hi to Inba sir! :biggrin2:
    The two who came today are radhaparth & VLR.For your benefit I am posting their photos again!! The first is Radha & the second is Vidya!!
    radhaparth.jpg
    VLR.jpg

6 people like this.