No Chat or SMS style words please!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, May 12, 2008.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

In order to maintain the quality of our site, we want to reiterate this requirement to you all. Please DO NOT use chat or sms style words in your contributions. Please use full words in all your posts and blog comments.

Indusladies.com is not an chat group. It is a permanent repository of useful information and hence content should be easy to read for a wider audience. Also, use of such characters seriously degrades the quality perception of our site.

Examples:
    DO NOT use "u" for the word "you"
    DO NOT use "ur" for the word "your"
    DO NOT use "r" for the word "are"
    DO NOT use "c" for the word "see"
    DO NOT use "2" for "to"
    DO NOT use "4" for "for"

This requirement is already part of the forum etiquette (under participation guidelines). We know you all care as much about the quality of this site as we do and hope to see everyone use full words in their contributions :)

1 person likes this.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy and the team of administrators,
    Thank you very much for your efforts to make our Forum and Blogs the finest one. Really I was sad to see the SMS and chat type of postings and FBs. I whole heartedly welcome your implementation of our Forum etiquette. Thank you once again for your untiring, undaunted efforts to bring out the best from ILites,
    Love,
    PS

3. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

One more small request please .. would members please refrain from using bold letters, highlighted sentences, capitals , too many ....... between sentences .

It hurts the eye when you do so much browsing ( as we do when we get into the site)

thanks so much

Cheers

Bhooma

4. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Malathy,
    Quite a lot of people use DH for 'Dear Husband'! Is that permissible? For a long time, a nut like me didn't understand what DH meant. I love English to be chaste. And that is one of the reasons why even the Britishers and Americans admire our English. So Indusladies has taken efforts to preserve the original beautiful English. Already the western world has corrupted it as our Tamilians have done to the Tamil language. Thanks for taking a step in the right direction.
    Regards,
    Malathi

5. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Great move...highly appreciated.

Many a times i too never understood what these short forms were...now hopefully we will be able to understand what one is trying to convey.

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy
    Thanks for this post I use this some time will keep in mind hence forth.
    This is a good announcement especially for me.

1 person likes this.
  7. mullai

mullai Senior IL'ite

hi
    This is actually a very good move ,off late i noticed that my kids have started using too much of these short form words .It really gets into my nerves,they have started to use them even in school assingments and essays and even justify by telling me that every body else also is doing the same thing,thanks to indus ladies for bringing up this matter!
    It is high time that somebody does some thing about this!
    mullai

8. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Induslady,
    I highly appreciate this mail of yours. I think what you say is true. And in future I personally would take care that I dont use such chat or sms words in my posts :)

9. kalakshetra

kalakshetra Senior IL'ite

Dear Indusladies,

This is a very good announcement. These days school and college children use more of such shortforms in all their chats and sms's and we get tempted to use the same if we read their messages. I shall remember and try not to use such words in my posts. Thank you.

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL,
    That was one wonderful move, which I thought you would take long back. Being a writer and more than that being a lover of any good language, I simply could not stand these abbreviations. You know I am one person who does not use sms language even for sending sms.
    One redeeming feature of our wonderful site is that only very few people use such language. An overwhelming majority uses proper language. That makes our site pretty unique in the web world. And a move like this is sure to enhance our stature.
    Well done, IL team, you are showing signs of great growth. Keep it up.
    Love,