Welcome to the All New Indusladies - Tell us what you think!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

As I mentioned here, we are going to significantly redesign and update our community. As I share what is planned for all of you, use this discussion to tell us what you think. Click post reply button to add your comments.

2 people like this.

2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

1. Nowadays we can see some of the new users/junior users are ‘under banned from this site’ status. Even this is common with gold / silver users as we do not know his intention in the beginning. To avoid this I think we can make like these – say till 50/100 posts or so, each and every person posting the thread should first undergone through moderators check, ie the posts should be listed pending for approval in moderators queue, only after approval then only it will be visible in the forum for public.

So if the thread is appropriate then there is no issue but if it not appropriate to the standards then moderators can warn them first and if he continues then the moderators can ban them further.

So in this way what I feel is any suspicious user does not have patience to wait till 50 or 100 posts and gets irritated if he understands these check points…

2. I am not familiar with systems workings so I do not whether it is possible to check duplicates. That is a same user using two Ids for inappropriate reasons like asking intimate questions under one id and normal questions under different id. So if we can track ip address or so, then we can easily catch them and ban.

3. We can club together Beauty and fashion under one forum as it both has few subsections and more or less both are similar topic to discuss.

These are my two cents which I want to share with you. Thanks for this opportunity Induslady. I personally love IL so much and it had helped me a lot in my daily life. It gives me confidence; improve my self esteem, energy etc. It also gives so many wonderful friends, well wishers, guides for me. It is always like a “Friend in need is a friend in deed” for me.
    Wishing Indusladies to grow more and more to serve as a better guide for all us. And also thanking Induslady for this wonderful service. All the best!

7 people like this.
  3. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Hi Malathy,

Congrats for coming this far. Keep Going. And looking forward for the new avatar of the online friendly community.

4. hon

hon New IL'ite

yes guys,
    Even i join this community now and eagerly waiting for new plans

5. sreesh

sreesh New IL'ite

Hello , You have been doing a great work and my hearty congratulations to you. IL makes me feel home and cheers me up whenever i feel low. Thank You for coming with such wonderful community.

6. jabeena

jabeena New IL'ite

1. If could provide, Number of Members in each Group, users can join the active group.
    2. There are too much gap/space among posts. I think List View will be a good choice. Instead of providing buttons below each post, can keep in common. User can select specific post and do the action.

1 person likes this.
  7. EnlightenedSoul

EnlightenedSoul IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    You are doing such an Awesome job friend!!
    Keep Going!
    Congratulations on New improvements!

8. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

hi malathy ...

what started as a single idea now seems to hv grown like the proverbial banyan tree .. gr8 idea to start with and quite useful to all too ... tho i am not a reg one on this still like it when i come on to find quite a few useful things ..

all the very best to u in ur new avatar IL and congrats to u malathy .. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. platypus42

platypus42 New IL'ite

Hi admins!

This is good news, I was just today thinking the site appears a bit cluttered among today's modern designs. I hope this would involve a bit of UI cleanup in the homepage also, something that looks like the Windows Mobile's Metro UI will help show the different categories easily while keeping the page very visually appealing also.

The most important thing I wished to ask was: Do you have a plan to make the site more accessible to mobiles? Right now it's quite difficult to use the site from an Android, maybe you could use a Responsive design when going for the redesign, that way you can get two birds/mangoes with one stone. :)

Some googling led me to this page: 10 Popular Metro Bootstraps | jQuery4u which has a list of CSS stylesheets which give both Metro UI and responsive design - two mangoes with one stone again! :p

Please do ping me if you have any questions in this area, I only have an intermediate level of knowledge in this area but will try my best to help.

Thanks for this great site!

10. lakshmigovindan

lakshmigovindan New IL'ite

hai to all IL members , i just entered from searching blouse making segment but i saw here very useful messages are there. i will try my best to improve myself what i know i will share to all
    i am very thenkfull to IL