Buying gold in Dubai airport

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by lovely_ambika, Nov 11, 2009.

1. lovely_ambika

lovely_ambika Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am travelling back to India on 20th, i have to take the connecting flight in dubai on 21st of this month . I am planning to buy gold in dubai airport , cant go out of the airport as i have only 2hrs stopover. please suggest me as how dubai gold is good- like price or purity.
    IS it good if we buy 24 carat gold coin or bar or good to buy readymade jewellery in 21/22 karat.
    please give me suggestions.

thanks,
    Ambika

2. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Hi ambika,
    You can buy gold anywhere in the airport.But if you have foreign currency ,like dollars you won't have a problem buying in any shop.If your currency is other than that ,you need to go to moneychangers there which will shorten your shopping time.Either gold coins or jewelry are good.Purity is best there .Local made jewelry's making charges are less compared to jewelry made by others.Hope this helps.

3. Lakhs9

Lakhs9 Senior IL'ite

yes. I fully agree with what Vijji said.
    just wanted to add -
    if your goal is investment, bars or coins are better (coins cost a lil more than bars for the same weight)
    if your goal is for use, jewellery is better - workmanship is superb - especially, bangles!
    jewellery is better only if you intend to use it and not to alter it for at least 5-6 years.
    just some thoughts.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  4. Yeshaswi

Yeshaswi New IL'ite

hai Laks and vijji

does the gold rate is low in airport if so let me know i will buy bangles.
    Regards,
    Yeshaswi.

5. lovely_ambika

lovely_ambika Silver IL'ite

Thanks friends for your replies. I bought jewellery in airport. :-( on that day price is high.

ambika

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  6. pravahini

pravahini New IL'ite

dubai airport lo gold expensive untundi..if you have more than 4 hours break, then you can go to deira gold souq in dubai..it's cheaper over there...taxi lo velithe 20-30dhs avuthundi...it takes half an hour to reach this place..i lived in dubai for more than an year..so pretty much idea undi place gurinchi