Tracing Kutchwork design in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by amallela, Apr 5, 2009.

1. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

Hi,

Can you please let me know if there are any stores that will trace the kutchwork design to either a dress or a saree? My sister tried but many people told her that it is out of fashion etc..etc..I have no idea why they said so...can you please let me know if you know of any stores.

Aruna

2. Sailaja.hyd

Sailaja.hyd Senior IL'ite

Hello
    I am Sailaja. If u want someone to trace it in Hyderabad, There are some shops in Koti opposite to the Royal Talkies(old). I dont remember the shops name but they will trace any design on to saree or kurta or any fabric. They have design sheets and books from which u can choose or u can give ur own design. Their charge is also quite nominal.These shops are located near the shops which sell all the embroidery materials in Koti area known as Royal Talkies now Maheshwari complex.
    Hope u find it useful

3. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

Hi Sailaja,

Thanks for the info, I know what you are saying, Badi Chowdi right. I shop there often. Recently I was in India and I forgot about this completely. I will ask my sister to go visit that place. Next time if you come across the name, please post. I will also let you know after my sister visits. OK?

Otherwise how is life in Hyd?

Aruna

4. Sailaja.hyd

Hi Aruna
    You are right. But if u want some designs I think u have got them in this forum. Just down load them print them out and trace using carbon. Check this forum. I will try to post the link for u.

sailaja

5. Sailaja.hyd

The address of the shop is:

Mabien Embroidery,
    Shop no 16, Ramkote Road,
    Sultan Bazar,
    Hyderabad
    This is just opposite to the shop which sells the wool. For tracing border and small motifs for a saree it is Rs50/- for tracing intricate or heavier designs he many charge more. But this is quite cheap.

6. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

Hi Sailaja,

Thanks so much for bringing the info of the store. I made a note of it, I will let my sister know about this store. I hope to come up with nice designs, let's see.

7. shanita

shanita Senior IL'ite

I'm Anita (shanita) FROM MANIPAL . can u please give ur address . since i'm doing embroidery in sari. It is very difficult to draw on sari. if possible can u do me a favour like i shall send sari & design to u will u be able to take to that shop & get it done
    . send it back i shall pay the cost & trouble u have taken

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  8. vijeekanna

vijeekanna New IL'ite

Hi,
    Is there any other easy way to trace the kutch work design on the dress materials other than using carbon? If anybody has the idea, can you please share it?
    Thank You
    Viji Kannan

9. neeluvaranasi

neeluvaranasi New IL'ite

in general bazaar also they undertake printing work near bata bus stop there is a lane beside bata showrrom.they wil do the printing there

10. swapnavr

swapnavr New IL'ite

hi,
    sorry for the late reply....we will do kutchwork design on sarees and on dress materials....if you still waiting for that please let us know.........