What do the kids learn in LKG & UKG in schools

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by kavyamadhav, Nov 20, 2008.

1. kavyamadhav

kavyamadhav Bronze IL'ite

Hi ilites........
    can anybody tell me what your kids are taught in school
    Eng,Maths,Rhymes,LAnguages..etc in CBSE or State syllabus..
    Thanx in advance
    kavya

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008

2. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kavya,

Regarding LKG/UKG,CBSE syllabus,my son is in PP2 i.e UKG,he has Math,English,Second language(telugu),Reading and Music.

Math-Number names,numbers,missing numbers,identifying big and small numbers,before and after numbers.

English-Family words like words ending with 'od','at' etc etc,3/4 letter words spellings,missing letter,matching with pictures.

Telugu-its started this year,so only aksharaalu writing.

Reading-Few simple sentences related to english only reading.

I hope you got some idea with this information.

Regards,
    lathaa

3. kavyamadhav

Hello Lathaa,
    thanq for the information. can u plz tell me upto howmany numbers they hav to learn?
    kavya

4. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Kavya,actually CBSE syllabus starts from 1st standard but schools prepare primary kids according to CBSE standard,but from 1st standard it will be a jump start for them with whole lot of syllabus and many subjects and its projects and activities too.

Regarding the numbers its only till 100 but after that its easy for them catch up with higher numbers.

lathaa.

5. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

Hi kavya,

what latha told is correct from the 1st standard onwards they will start CBSE . My daughter is studying U.K.G in sripoojitha public school they have branches in guntur & hyd there syllabus is they are having English , Hindi , Telugu , science , maths , social & G.k .

In English they are having words, sentences , nouns , prepostion, adjectives , verbs etc relating to those topice they are tellig then the words & sentences ,words like words ending with 'od','at' etc etc,3/4 letter words spellings,missing letter,matching with pictures & colours etc .

In telugu -telugu aksharamala , telugu gunitalu , words writing & learning .

In hindi the same what they are teaching in telugu but in hindi they are having poems .

maths - Number names,numbers,missing numbers,identifying big and small numbers,before and after number , additions , subtraction introduction & 2 & 3rd table . number upto 1000 they have to write numerically & words upto 100 .

Science- plants, enviornment , seeds, fruits , daily activities etc ........

Social - Family , neatness , school etc etc ..................

G.K - General questions . that all ................

latha i am having a doubt whether state is good or central education pattern is good for children from the 1st class .

6. kavyamadhav

hello Sravy,
    thanks for the detail information.
    thanks for u too lathaa

7. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi friends,thanks for your info,it would be quite useful for me to know of what to teach to my daughter,
    thanks once again.
    bye,
    shashi.

8. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

:eek:mg::eek:mg::shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking: do kids in UKG hv so much to read ..I mean nouns, pronouns?? social science...
    My Q is do they do more of writing or is it jus oral work ???:help

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  9. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

oh.........
    this much is there for a ukg kid.....my daughter dont know all these things........actually im planning to move to hyd...next year i.e.,2010....so im scared.my son was in hyd.school but he learnt only alphabets,numbers1-100,some flowers,plants,fruits and other stuff.but not nouns preposetions etc...,is it really ukg syllabus or 1st grade???..please check it out once again.....

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  10. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Joshila,

The syllabus i mentioned is all oral and as well as written.Usually teachers follow certain lesson plans,so kids pick them up easily.