Aashada Maasam: its Importance

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by ManuuRaghuu, Jul 9, 2008.

1. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

2. ManuuRaghuu

Hi Moderator and All,

Am not sure whether we can type in Telugu/ discuss in Telugu in this Andhra Pradesh and Hyderabad forums.Kindly let me know .If yes it would be great to discuss cultural things in Telugu so that we do not miss the nativity.It would be great if Ilites who know telugu can reply in Telugu to this thread.

Thanks & Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

3. divyareddi

divyareddi New IL'ite

ya i agree with u and me too interested in the cultural aspeccts

4. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Mannu, thanks for sharing the link!

Actually now its Aashada Massam effect all over Andhra because of this heavy discounts in shopping as the next comming is Sravana maasam (best time for marriages) so this has become popular!

Hey there is already one thread started with title Kaburlu to speak in Telugu. If you wanna you can discuss about all traditions with all over there.

Actually there is one forum started by our dear Chitra mam, in IL. Its Religion & Spirituality ( Religion & Spirituality - IndusLadies ) you can find different topics like Temples, Pujas, Festivals, Spirituality, Religious info and brief articles about our Hindu Culture and Vedanta.

5. ManuuRaghuu

Thanks Senorita,

I will join the Kaburlu thread soon...yes am aware of the Religion and Spirituality thread but felt like knowing more about Aashadha Masam in Andhra Culture hence i posted this thread in AP forum..

ManuuRaghuu

6. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

All i remember about aashadaa masam since my child hood days is that my mom and myself used to put nice gorintaaaku...ade mehandi...my mom made it a compulsory thing...after I came to US first year I did follow the same..kaanee yento 2nd year nunchi anni stop ayipoyaayi...

7. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Even I remember that my mom used to put Mehandi during aashada maasam.
    Last year when my in-laws came my MIL and me put mehandi. It was fun.
    Thisy ear also I bought a cone from the indian store last week. I plan to put the mehandi during weekend..
    Typical gaa ayithe, a married girl goes to mom's place during aashada maasam.staying away from husband. but I guess in these hi-tech times it is kind of impossible to do that specially when one is not in India.