Does anyone experienced gallstones attack after pregnancy

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by KTReddy, Aug 19, 2011.

1. KTReddy

KTReddy New IL'ite

Hello my dear IL's

How you all doing?

I gave birth to my baby in Nov 2011 as normal and from then on I have been experiencing an acute pain in the right rib , sometimes it leads to back pain with vomiting and nausea. I have been diagnosed and been told that my gallbladder has been affeted with many gallstones and gallbladder has to be removed.

I am planning to come India in month of Oct(Hyderabad) for surgery . Do anyone of you over there had same problem as me .

Currently I am not taking coffee,oily food, fried food , cheese, desserts, cakes ect ....

Could you suggest some tips to releave from pain till october.

Do you think gall bladder removal is the remedy for this problem?

Cheers
    KT

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

2. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Dear KT

I hope by this time you would have got your gallbladder out... I just came across your post when I was searching for information on gallbladder removal.. I too got my gallbladder removed in April 2010 after giving birth to my baby in a normal delivery. I had severe pregnancy sickness. I used to vomit bile for the first 3 months of my pregnancy. then it went on well and I didnt have any problems. But just after my delivery in 3 months time I started having health issues and finally got my gallbladder out. Now things have changed a lot. I have few problems after the removal. My bowels are not routine. Inthe sense kind of irritable bowel and fullness... Also I was loosing weight until recent. Now I am gaining weight.. I dont know the reason. Especially in my tummy region. I have got a big belly now.. I am hating it ... Did you have any after effects after the surgery ... If yes how did you manage... Would be happy to know on this ...

Thanks
    Hasini

3. SaiNiharika

SaiNiharika Bronze IL'ite

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I also faced same problem like KTReddy . After delivery i am getting sever pain in upper abdominal. DR said my gall bladder has to remove because of stones in that. I don't want to remove my gall bladder any one please suggestion better remeady to get rid of the pain and stones. [/FONT]

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I had the same problem after pregnancy.

It is not worth the constant pain and the resultant problems that come with that.You will suffer and in turn you will make your family suffer.If it gets bad...you can suffer from severe problems.Why do you want to keep it?You will just be having lots of painkillers and antacids ....without much relief.That is also not good for health.

My suggestion is to get rid of it. Find a convenient time and do it. Talk to the doctor and find what is the best option.

Gall bladder removal did not cause any problems to me. Initially I lost 5-6 kgs.

5. SaiNiharika

SaiNiharika Bronze IL'ite

thanks for reply
    My relatives went for surgery after surgery he is unable to eat more. By taking small amount of food his tummy became tight. And he is facing lot of indigestion problem. I want to take homeo medicines for this and want to know how to get rid from this pain .

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I tried homeo....it became worse.
    You can give it a try.....
    After surgery...you are advised to eat small portions .
    It takes some time for the body to adjust as the bile goes from liver directly to the stomach.
    Gall stone surgeries are very common these days. Check with some more people about their experiences.