Schools in Ghana

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by rajmiarun, Jun 20, 2011.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear all in Ghana,
    Pls clarify my doubts with regard to schools in Ghana. On my research found that the International schools are located in Accra. There is one Indian school too. But want to know about the Ghana schools, their academic year and the kind of standard. If any one can shed light on these issues it will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hello Rajmiarun,
    One of the best and most popular school is the Ghana International School (GIS). It has a very good multi-national and cosmo culture with students from over eight nationalities.I know from families of kids who are in GIS that the school standard is very good and kids are introduced to various learning skills.
    The other newest international school is the American International School of Accra. The international schools mostly have their academic year starting from September to June.
    Yes, there is only one Indian school...DPS which was started last year. Unfortunately, it has not picked well as the Indian community is not in majority and also the school is located far from the city compared to the much better international schools.
    Good Luck on your school-hunt!!!

3. CharanyaRam

CharanyaRam Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am moving to accra soon, can you please guide me of Al Rayan International School.

Thanks