Indian schools in muscat

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by sunithavivekk, Feb 12, 2011.

1. sunithavivekk

sunithavivekk New IL'ite

Hello,
    i'm moving to muscat in three months with my husband and my son who has to be admitted in kinder garden. My son is 3 years and 9 months. I want to know is there any age criteria for admissions. And which is the best indian school in muscat that has good academic and extra-curricular activities. Plz help ladies from muscat.

Sunitha

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sunitha,

Muscat is a beautiful place and you will feel at home .

the age criteria is the same as in all cbse schools. 3.6months for lkg. the application forms should have been given some time back itself. I assume your husband is already in muscat. ask him to take the help of his colleagues and pick an application form , fill and drop it.

In case of kg, i think it is the common application form, where in you give the preference of the school you want. like there are ISG (indian school ghubra), ISM (Indian school, Muscat), ISD (Indian School Darsait), ISW(Indian school Wadi Kabir) and also there is one more in Seeb i think. most parents prefer ISG and the rating is in the same order as i have written. but with the inflow into muscat, parents are now happy with ISM/ISG as long as the kid gets admission.

All the schools do encourage extra curricular activities. and also you can join him any of the extracurricular activities you wish, like music, chess, cricket, abacus if don't mind the rates. every class that is available in chennai is available in muscat.

all the best to you.

3. madhukh

madhukh New IL'ite

Hi,

Currently we are residing in Dubai and my son has just started his new session from April in Grade 1. My husband has got a new job in Muscat and we will be shifting from September only even though my husband will start from July.

Which are the best Indian School in Muscat preferably ICSE and what is the admission procedure and whether it is easy to get new admission for Grade 1. When the new school sessions starts in Muscat. Eagerly waiting for the advise as I am very tensed regarding this now. Kindly advise.

4. elainajose

elainajose Bronze IL'ite

My kids are studying in Indian school Wadikabir

5. ShamaVinay

ShamaVinay New IL'ite

Can you tell me the school code for Indian school wadikabir