how to dry fresh dates

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by nivikayal, Sep 4, 2010.

1. nivikayal

nivikayal New IL'ite

I bought a big bunch of fresh dates yesterday. I dont know how to dry this dates at home. If anyone of u have any idea pls. let me know. Bcoz i dont want to waste this.

2. ramyaseenu

ramyaseenu Senior IL'ite

hi
    i have never bought it in bulk but some of my friends do buy fresh dates in bulk, Since the moisture content is high in fresh dates , they spoil pretty fast. So you can either keep them in the fridge or the best freeze them either in freeze bags / ziplock bags / airtight containers. Naturally, left out they dont dry, they just become bad.

ramya

3. nivikayal

nivikayal New IL'ite

Thanks Ramya. At last i have kept it in the hot sun to dry.(I saw in one website) Let me see how it comes. Anyhow thanks for ur reply. By the by where u r staying?

4. nivikayal

nivikayal New IL'ite

Thanks Ramya. At last i have kept it in the hot sun to dry.(I saw in one website) Let me see how it comes. Anyhow thanks for ur reply. By the by where u r staying?

5. ramyaseenu

ramyaseenu Senior IL'ite

hi,
    let me know whether drying in the sun helps. logically they should. btw, we are in Muscat, staying in Wadi kabir. In Muscat for the past 4 years. Do you come to Muscat often.

ramya

6. nivikayal

nivikayal New IL'ite

Now a days not like that. My kids very well enjoyed in Qantab Beach. So we r planning to come over there. Hope u planned for coming Eid holidays. Which place?

7. ramyaseenu

ramyaseenu Senior IL'ite

We are planning to go for a couple of days to Masirah Island, We are about 5 families.

ramya

8. nivikayal

nivikayal New IL'ite

Happy holidays.

We r planning to go salalah and wahibha sands.

9. ramyaseenu

ramyaseenu Senior IL'ite

thanks, same to you. I enjoyed both salalah as well as wahiba sands. But hasnt the kharif season finished in salalah. Both of these are the best in Muscat.

ramya

10. nivikayal

nivikayal New IL'ite

We have already seen salalah four years back, anyhow we like to enjoy the travelling by car. But the Wahiba sands this is the first time.