1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Need of Advise !!!

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by Daisy, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Daisy

Daisy New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

we live in US right now but planning to return to India(Hyderabad) in next june, we have 2 boys aged 7 and 4 now. we have always wanted to adopt a baby girl in India and my DH would really love to have a daughter. we are both well educated and financially stable.

My question is will the Adoption agency consider us as a prospective parents?
    Is it ever an issue having 2 biological children before adoption.

Any advise is appreciated.Thank you very much.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Daisy, my understanding is that, the agencies need to find a proper match (a child) for you. In the event that there is another prospective parent who is childess and Indian, the prioroty would go to them, assuming everything else is fine with the other family. If you are a perfect match, then you will get the child.

1 person likes this.
  3. Daisy

Daisy New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply Rakhii :)

4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Normally Indian parents are given preference. For a child to become eligible to be adopted by oversesa couples, the child must have been rejected by three Indian parents.
    It amounts to the fact that only children with some handicaps, heart ailments or some birth defects are listed for adoption by overseas parents.

What I hear unofficially is that the NGOs are buttered by some payment and they are able to get some letters of rejection from Indian parents and a healthy child comes to the hands of NRIs.
    ( The craesing ranges from one to two lakhs) Some two weeks back an article about this appeaed in Indian Express.)
    But if you plan to settle down in India and apply as residents of India, there may not be any problem

Jayasala 42

5. BlueOrchids

BlueOrchids New IL'ite

First of all I highly appreciate your desire to adopt a girl child when you have your own children, that too sons :clap. I don't think it will be any issue, but first preference will be given who are childless.

Bless you :)