1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How easily did you adopt in India?

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by myperspective01, Jul 21, 2014.

1. myperspective01

myperspective01 Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am an married Indian living in India, and trying to adopt a child.

Can anyone please tell me their experience while adopting from India living in India?

Please omit the adoption procedures and CARA information, I already know about it.

I am posting this thread because I am unable to find any real-life experiences of people who have adopted a child in recent past.

Can you give some details regarding
    1. the wait time
    2. how friendly were the people from adoption agency? Did they facilitate the process easily?

Thanks.

1 person likes this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

3. riya743

riya743 New IL'ite

my neighbours took one baby child from child adoption volunteer org hyderabad.....you may contact them directly on 9912936478

4. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

instead of adapting its better to do sarogasy

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear MyPerspective,

It is my understanding that the wait time is 2-3 years in most cases and it is better to register as soon as possible and make up the mind to wait for that period. If you get the child earlier, at least, it would make you feel better.

Regarding the adoption agencies, generally, they have a counselor who could help understand the prospective adopting parents and guide the interested parents. They are friendly, in general, welcoming the prospective adopting parents. Their objective is to make sure most, if not all, of the children are adopted.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly, I do not have much details about adoption but I cannot help but appreciate you a lot. You are doing something so amazing and I really wish you and your spouse all the very best from the bottom of my heart and hope your process of adoption goes very smooth.

Good luck dear.

7. zenmur

zenmur New IL'ite

can you let us know how to adopt a baby from India - 0 months - 3 months old.

Procedures and the detail you have asked above like Wait time / how friendly.

waiting for your earliest response.

8. myperspective01

myperspective01 Senior IL'ite

Hi zenmur,
    You can get the procedures and details in the website: adoptionindia.nic.in.
    You can visit any State Adoption agency whose list is given in this website to get more information.
    The agencies are friendly and guide us well. Typical wait time is about 2 years.

9. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @mypersective01,

We have a adopted daughter and she is now 6 years.We adopted her at the age of 8 months.Even though we wanted a new born baby based on my husband age only 8 months child was given to us.
    Adoption agency is friendly and helpful.They have a counselor who will counsel and guide us.Generally waiting time is 2 years,but we were able to adopt a baby in 6 months.Wait time for male child was more before 5 years.Documents work is more.And they asked us to apply in the court for birth certificate immediately it will be little difficult to obtain birth certificate for more than one year babies it seems.Adoption center also helped us in this regard and we obtained the certificate within 2 months ( we went to court for 4 hearings:thumbsdown)
    Once we had the baby in our hand we were in cloud nine:party.We are now happy and she has made our household complete.

All the best and hope you will also have a baby in your hand soon.

5 people like this.
  10. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @zenmur,

Based on your husband age only babies age is determined.Generally they ask for husband and wife photo and based on the photo they screen and show the baby which is nearly resembling us.

Best of luck and may you have the baby in your hand soon.

1 person likes this.