Beautiful advice on relationships from Sri Sri

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by kavya007, Mar 22, 2010.

1. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Q. How do I know that I am in a right relationship or the person is right for me? Or I am right for the other? Many thanks.
    Sri Sri: Listen to one thing now, you are right for the other person when you can adjust. Relationship means adjustment, it is giving. You give what you can to the other person and wait for them to give back to you. If you are demanding from the others, the relationship is not going to last long. Demand destroys the love. Demand and blame destroys relationships. So, you should only know how to praise others and uplift a situation instead of blaming, finding fault. Uplift the other, this should be your commitment . Then you are the right person for anybody, and everybody will love you when you don’t hurt them intentionally. This is the first point. Number one.Second, you are open to correction and changes, you have the patience to listen to criticism.Three things, I am counting. You have patience to take in criticism. Fourth, you know the other persons’ point of view, or where the shoe pinches, you know. You should see the other person beyond their words and their actions.You know, when someone is working for 8 to 10 hours, when they come back home, they are very tired. If he is a businessman and when the stock markets fall, he is so upset and he comes home to find solace. So you should see the circumstance, situations, how the spouse is and allow them the space to express their genuine feelings of frustrations, anger whatever.
    You know, there is only one option when a person is angry or is frustrated. The whole world expects them to keep the frustration to themselves, no one wants to share their frustration, but when they come home it is with their spouse. They explode and express and show all their frustration. At that time, the spouse should be there like a midwife - allow them to deliver. When someone is in labor pain, and if you say, ‘Don’t deliver, keep it, keep it, keep the babyinside.’ What can they do? How long can they keep it inside? Somewhere they have to explode. When they come with their stress, the spouse should allow them to express. Say, ‘Ok, download it. Download. Let go of all your stresses, ok whatever you want to blame, blame. You want to beat me or beat yourself, do it’.Then, you know, keep that type of space for them to un-stress and download. What you can say is ‘Let go of all that you have carried all the day, all the stress of the stock market or whatever else.’ If a person commits a mistake in the work place or injustice is done to him or her, they come back and they want some place to offload it. Offload is the right word I think, offload all that thing and one must keep that space for them to offload. Understand why there are upset, why they are unhappy - then your relationship will work. But if you expect them not to tell anything, be nice to you all the 24 hours, seven days a week and 365 days and find fault with them all the time.
    Pricking them that ‘You are useless, you are hopeless, you are this, that...’ Poor lady or man! What will they do? They find that they have no support. Nobody is helping them to grow, helping them, uplifting them and then they get depressed. Right? So first, we will see. Greater is the person who has greater capacity to absorb, accommodate, adjust with anybody. If you can adjust with anybody, that much greater you are, you know and the degree can come less, less, less. If you know your acceptability is only 10 percent, then you are thoroughly miserable if it zero percent. There is no way you can grow in your life. Wisdom is to have this patience, grow from zero to one hundred percent.

2. sangeeta2010

sangeeta2010 New IL'ite

:hatsoff to Sri Sri....

Indeed a great writer/poet of all times........

Thanks Kavya for sharing..........You reminded me of my dad. My dad's favorite is Sri Sri..

3. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL MESSAGE.
    thanks for sharing.

sujatha.

4. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Nice message
    thanx for sharing

5. DiviGechu

DiviGechu New IL'ite

Wonderful words!!!! Thanks Kavya.

6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Thanks.. I was able to relate to his words :).. thnx for sharing.

7. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Kavya,

Sri Sri's discourses are very interesting and practical...

Thanks for sharing an illuminating talk on nurturing relationships...

Love,
    Padma

8. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Kavya,
    Thanks for efforts in getting this to our knowledge. No debate, he is right!!!

9. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful message.

Kavya thanks for bringing this to us.

10. bhuvan16

bhuvan16 Senior IL'ite

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your wonderful explanation, I am having problem in my work place, like I am a person want to be good with all, but some people around me when they make mistake in their work which I am suppose to correct, they take it personally and show their attitude and this has been continuously doing for many years.

I am adjusting with them and they keep irriating by doing the same mistake so that I will ask them again and again not to repeat.

In this case what I decided, started avoiding contact with those people so that I don't have hard feeling towards them. Even they do deliberately I am not pointing out their mistakes instead I myself correcting it. I don't know what I am doing is correct or wrong but I am comfortable now, because I learnt from my experience you cannot change a person unless he / she wants to change by themselves.

If I am wrong please advise how to handle these type of people.

Regards,