"Bhagavad Gita"

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Nov 28, 2007.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

CHAPTER #1
    ARJUNA'S DILEMMA

Dhrtarastra said:

What did my sons and the sons of Pandu do as they assembled at sacred Kuruksetra ready to fight?

Sanjaya said:

After seeing the battle formation of the Pandavas' army, prince Duryodhana approached his guru and spoke the following words:

O master look at the strength of the Pandavas' military formation, which has been astutely arranged by your disciple, Drupada's son.

The Pandavas army has heros like Bhima and Arjuna and the warriors like Yuyudhana, Virata, and Drupada.

There are also heroic fighters like Dhrstaketu, Cekitana, Kasiraja, Purujit, Kuntibhoja, and Saibya.

The mighty Yudhamanyu, the courageous Uttamauja, the son of Subhadra, and the sons of Draupadi are all great warriors.

<chapter will="" be="" continued:="">
    Please leave your comments here http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hobbies-and-crafts/12368-lord-krishna.html
    in order to continue the chapters without deviation in this thread.

Regards

</chapter>

2. RamyaVaradharajan

Now, let me tell about the distinguished members and leaders of my army.

It has personalities like Bhisma, Karna, Krpa, Asvatthama, Vikarna, and Bhurisrava, the son of Somadatta, who are always victorious in battle.

The army has other heros who will lay down their lives for my sake, all equipped with various weapons and well versed in military science.

Our strength is immense and is guarded by Bhisma, whereas their force guarded by Bhima, is limited.

All of you might give your utmost support to Bhisma throughout the battle.

Bhisma, the grand sire of the Kuru dynasty blew his conch triumphantly, sounding like the roar of the lion, bringing joy to Duryodhana.

After that, the Kuru army's conchs, drums, cymbals, and bugles all sounded together in a tumultuous uproar.

Please leave your comments here http://www.indusladies.com/forums/temples-and-deities/12368-lord-krishna.html

Regards

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  3. RamyaVaradharajan

On the other side, Lord Krishna and Arjuna, standing on a great, swift chariot drawn by white horses, blew their divine conch shells.

Lord Krishna blew his conch Pancajanya; Arjuna, blew his, the Devadatta;and Bhima, the voracious eater and the achiever of great tasks sounded forth his great conch, Paundra.

Yudhisthira, son of Kunti, blew the Ananta-vijaya; Nakula and Sahadeva blew the Sughosa and Manipuspaka, respectively.

The supreme archer the king of Kasi, the great warrior Sikhandi, Dhrstadyumna, Virata, the unbeatable Satyaki, Drupada, and the sons of Draupadi, together with the mighty-armed son of Subhadra, all blew their conch shells.

Please leave your comments here Lord Krishna..

Regards

4. RamyaVaradharajan

The uproarious sound reverberating through the sky and earth filled the hearts of Dhrtarastra's sons with fear.

O king, at that time, Arjuna, who carries the banner of Hanuman, looking over the army of
    Dhrtarastra's sons in the battle arrangement, raised his bow in preparation as weapons were readied and spoke the following words to Krishna.

Arjuna said:
    O infallible one, draw my chariot between the two armies so that I may see those who have assembled here to fight and with whom I must compete in this battle. Let me see those who have come here to fight, to please the evil-minded son of Dhrtarastra.

Please leave your comments here http://www.indusladies.com/forums/temples-and-deities/12368-lord-krishna.html

Regards

5. RamyaVaradharajan

Sanjaya said:
    Having thus been requested by Arjuna, Lord Krishna pulled the chariot in the midst of both armies.

Looking at the presence of Bhisma, Drona and all other rukers of the world, Lord Krishna said, look Partha; all the Kurus are assembled here.

There Arjuna saw among both armies, fathers, grandfathers, teachers, maternal uncles, brothers, sons, grandsons, friends, in-laws and companions.

When the son of Kunti, Arjuna, saw all his kinsmen, he was overcome with compassion and spoke thus.

Regards

6. RamyaVaradharajan

Arjuna said:
    O Krishna, seeing all my friends and relatives assembled for battle makes my limbs quiver and my mouth dry up. My whole body is quivering, my hairs are standing on end, my bow, Gandiva is slipping from my hand and my skin burns.

I am unable to maintain composure and my mind is reeling. O Krishna, I can see only misfortune ahead.

O Krishna, I do not see how any good can come from killing my kith and kin in battle and I have no desire for victory, a kingdom, or happiness in these things.

O Govinda, of what use is kingdom and O Madhava, we will only incur sin by killing these aggressors.

It is not right for us to kill the sons of Dhrtarastra and our friends. How can one be happy after destroying one's own family?

Regards

7. RamyaVaradharajan

O Janardana, although others gathered here, overtaken by greed see no fault in destroying their own friends and family, why should we, aware of the crime of killing one's kinsmen fight this battle?

With the destruction of the dynasty, family tradition gets destroyed and the remaining family gets involved in irreligion.

O Krishna, when irreligion increases, women get polluted and the corruption of women produces unwanted, unworthy children

An increase in unworthy population condemns the dynasty to hellish life, where even the ancestors are doomed, when they are no more offered rice and water.

Regards

8. RamyaVaradharajan

Such evil deeds destroying family tradition and giving rise to unwanted children destroys all community projects and family activities.

O Krishna, I have heard from reliable sources that those who destroy family traditions and values are condemned to a hellish life.

Alas, What has happened that we are willing to commit such sins as killing our own family out of greed for material pleasures?

I would prefer it, if the sons of Dhrtarastra, weapons in hand kill me unarmed and unresisting in battle.

Sanjaya said:
    Having spoken thus, Arjuna cast aside his bow and arrows and sat down on his chariot, his heart overcome with grief.

Regards

9. RamyaVaradharajan

Chapter #2
    TRANSCENDENTAL KNOWLEDGE

So told Sanjaya:
    The Lord Madhusudhana began to address Arjuna who was overcome with pity and whose downcast eyes were overflowing with tears of anguish.

The Lord of Sri said:
    Arjuna, from whither did this weakness of spirit come to you, at this hour of danger? This does not befit you as an Aryan, who should be fighting. Neither does this bring you any good reputation nr does it lead you to heaven.

Hence, O son of Prtha, do not be dissuaded by this weakness of spirit. Vanquisher of enemies, shed this impotency and get ready to fight

Please leave your comments here http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hobbies-and-crafts/12368-lord-krishna.html

Regards

</chapter>

10. RamyaVaradharajan

Arjuna said:
    O vanquisher of the demon Madhu, how will i attack Bhisma and Drona in battle? O Vanquisher of enemies, tell me how can I use my arrows against those who are worshippable?

It is better to live in this world by begging rather than killing my superiors. If I kill these respectable elders then I will certainly not be able to enjoy the pleasures of the world because these every pleasures will be tainted with the blood of these elders.

I know not now which is better, whether we conquering them or they conquering us. Even if I kill the sons of Dhrtarastra who are standing in front of me, I would not want to live after that.

I am overcome by weakness. Hence I am confused about my duties.

I surrender myself to you as a disciple. Please instruct me as to what my duties are and what is right for me to da.

Even if I could gain th entire earth in all its prosperity, uncontested or of sovereign power of the heavens was offered to me, it still would not remove the grief that is causing my senses to dry up.

Regards

</chapter>