Indo-Chinese version of creamy sweet corn recipe with an addition of carrot.
- Sweet corn – 1/2
- Onion – 1
- Carrot(small) – 1
- Split Green chili – 2
- Cornflour – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Spring onion and Roasted corn,chili flakes – for garnishing
- Fresh cream (optional)
- Cook corn and separate kernels.Make a coarse semisolid puree.
- Boil water in a pan adding,corn cob, onion, carrot.
- Simmer for half an hour.
- Either you can strain and use this stock alone (OR)
- Remove the cob and chili and give a mash and use as a base.
- Add the kernel paste,salt and simmer for few more minutes.
- Thicken with cornflour.
- Serve hot with roasted kernels,spring onion and a dash of chili flakes (fresh cream if you wish).