Learn to make Indo Chinese style fried Vegetable Spring Rolls from the scratch including the wraps.
- Spring onion whites, chopped – ½ cup
- Beans, carrots, cabbage cut into thin strips – 1 ½ cups
- Bean sprouts – ¾ cup
- Ajinomoto powder – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Boiled noodles – ¾ cup
- Spring onion greens, chopped – ½ cup
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
For the wraps:
- Maida & cornflour – ½ cup, each
- Melted butter – 2 tsp
- Milk – ¾ cup
- 3 tbsp mixed with ¼ cup of water
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a high flame. Add the spring onion whites, vegetables, bean sprouts and Ajinomoto and stir fry over a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the noodles, spring onion greens, soya sauce and salt and cook for 2 more minutes. Cool and keep aside.
- Grease a 5” diameter non-stick pan with butter.
For the wraps:
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, milk, salt and ½ cup of water. Mix very well until no lumps remain.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan and tilt it around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- When the sides start to peel off, turn the pancake (Wraps) around and cook the other side for 30 seconds. Keep aside on a clean dry surface.
- Repeat for the remaining batter to make more Wraps, greasing the pan with butter when required.
- Place one wraps for the roll on a dry surface and spoon a little of the stuffing mixture on one top end of the wrap.
- Place one wrap on a dry surface and spoon a little of the stuffing mixture on one top end of the Wrap.
- Fold the top and press firmly to seal, the mixture. Fold the left and the right sides of the wrap in order to get a rectangle.
- Roll the pancake tightly, sealing the ends securely with flour paste.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make the remaining spring rolls.
- Deep fry in hot oil till they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cut each roll at an angle into two and serve hot.