- Karamani/Blackeyed Peas – 1 Cup
- 1 tsp – Oil
- A Pinch – Hing/Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp – Urad Dal
- Curry Leaves and Red Chilly
- 2 tbsp – Fresh Grated Coconut
- Transfer the soaked karamani/black eyed beans to cooker and allow for 3 whistles, switch off stove and let it cool.
- In a pan add oil and the ingredients mentioned for tempering. Transfer the cooked black eyed beans/karamani to the pan and stir for 2 mins and add the freshly grated coconut. and switch off the stove.
- Now karamani sundal is ready for neivedyam.