Sooji and Milk Halwa is a simple and delicious Indian Dessert / Pudding.
- Rawa (Sooji) – 1 cup
- Fresh Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cashew, Badam and Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Orange food color – a few drops
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pour a tbsp of ghee in a thick bottomed pan and dry roast rawa till it is crisp keeping its color intact.
- Then in one tbsp of ghee, fry the cashew, badam and raisins till golden color and remove from pan and keep aside.
- Now pour the water and milk together and let it boil.
- Now add the food color and then add the sooji little by little stirring continuously.
- When sooji gets half cooked, add the sugar and one tbsp of ghee.
- When it gets fully cooked and when water gets absorbed fully, add another tbsp of ghee to it. Now add the cardamom powder.
- The mixture will start to thicken and have a glossy look at the top.