Hot summer is here, and with it comes the Summer Holidays! Well there’s our children running around the house not knowing exactly what to do. Well, this naturally worries us, because children tend to watch a lot of TV or play in the Sun.
Well, children between 3 to 13 years, would want to try their hands on lots of new things. Cooking / Baking is one thing children love to try their hands on and can also make you more close to your child.
Here are some recipes for kids that are prepared without using the stove so that you would not have to worry about your child getting hurt.
Bread with Fruit Pulp
- 1/2 cup fruit pulp
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 pinch cardamom powder or 1 drop vanilla essence
- 2 slice wheat or milk bread
- 2 tbsp. sweetened milk
- This is a very easy preparation; mix all the fruits in a vessel with a fork so that they get mashed up coarsely. You can use fruits that are available in the market at that time such as mango, papaya, banana and chickoo and so on.
- Take a flat bottomed bowl and cut the sides of the bread according to the shape of the bowl, and dampen it with milk mixed with cardamom powder. Layer the bowl with the bread.
- Now add the fruit pulp as the next layer.
- Place another piece of bread on top and again pour milk over it. Refrigerate and serve chilled.