Sabudana Halwa | Sago Halwa is a traditional recipe prepared during festivals and fasting days.
- Sago | Sabudhana – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 ¼ cups
- Ghee – ¾ cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon
- Cashew – 2 tablespoon
- Raisins – 2 tablespoon
- Saffron colour – a dash
- Mix milk with 1 cup of water and saffron colour.
- Soak sago in this for 3 hrs.
- In a vessel, heat 2 tbsp ghee, fry cashew and raisins then remove.
- Now add the soaked sago and cook.
- Add remaining ghee gradually, stirring the halwa.
- The sago will start getting cooked and become sift.
- In another stove, boil sugar adding ¾ cup water.
- Switch off when a thick syrup of one string is reached.
- When the sago is cooked, add sugar syrup.
- Stir and cook till it becomes a mass.
- Add cardamom powder and cashews-raisins.