Quinoa Payasam is a delicious and healthy Indian Dessert.
- Quinoa | Thinai | Foxtail Millet -1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 3/4 cup
- Boiled Milk – 2 cup
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Cashews – few
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- A pinch of sukku powder
- Heat ghee in a pressure pan and fry cashews.
- In the same pan, roast thinai arisi / quinoa till nice aroma comes. Add water, mix well and pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
- In a bowl add grated jaggery with water, heat it slightly and melt it.
- In a low flame, add cooked thinai / quinoa and stir well to avoid lumps.
- Cook for 5 mins, stir well and add cardamom and sukku powder.
- After it cools down add the milk, add cashews, mix well serve chilled.