Quinoa Kheer is a healty and delicious Indian Dessert. It’s usually prepared during festival season.
- Quinoa | Thinai | Foxtail Millet – 1 cup
- Water -1.25 cup
- Sugar/ palm sugar – 1/2 cup and a little.
- Milk-1 cup
- Ghee, Raisin, Cashew – to temper
- Cardomon, rose essence- as required
- Wash and soak quinoa for 30 mins.
- Cook quinoa in 1.25 cup of boiling water for 15 min until the white germ inside is visible and fluff it off with a fork.
- Meanwhile, measure one cup milk and bring it to boil in the other burner.
- Roast cashew, raisin in ghee and keep separate.
- When milk boils, add sugar and keep stirring. Add pinch of cardamom powder and transfer the cooked quinoa.
- Stir repeatedly until the quinoa blends with milk and forms a kheer consistency.
- Put off flame and garnish with roasted cashew and raisin.