This recipe is called Rava String hopper or Nool Puttu.The recipe is so simple and quick that you can make it within 10 minutes. You can press it without much effort unlike the regular rice ones.
- Rava – 1 Cup
- Boiling Water – 1 Cup
- Salt to taste
- I used a chakli Press (murukku naazhi with omapodi achchu) with a sev mould.
- heat the steamer (I used an Idli steamer). Grease the plate.
- In a mixing bowl put rava, required salt. Mix. pour boiling water, with a spoon mix well to get a dough.
- Put a portion of dough into the chakli press, close and press to get the strings over the greased plate.
- Place it on a steamer and steam for 5 minutes.
- Quick & tasty idiyappam is ready!
NOTES AND TIPS:
Serving suggestion :
- You may have it plain by sprinkling grated coconut and sugar on top
- Have with side dishes like chutney, kadala curry, peas curry or sweetened coconutmilk.
Enjoy your quick tiffin