Pani Puri is a popular Chaat item / Street food of India.
- Small Puris
For the Filling:
- 50 gms whole moong, sprouted and boiled
- 50 gms channa, soaked and boiled
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1 tbsp dhania powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
For the Sweet Chutney:
- 50 gms of tamarind
- 100 gms of jaggery
For the Pani:
- Green chillies
- Little tamarind
- Lime juice
- Mix all the ingredients given under filling.
- If you prefer, you can run all the ingredients once in the mixer.
- For the sweet chutney, mix tamarind and jaggery to make a thick paste.
- Add mint, green chilies,little tamarind, salt(or rock salt), lime juice and grind to a fine paste.
- Add a lot of water to the ground paste and make pani, straining it through a fine sieve.
- Make a whole in the puri with your thumb.
- Add some filling inside with a spoon.
- Add sweet chutney on top and pour the pani over it and serve.