Paal Payasam | Chawal Ki Kheer is a traditional Indian dessert.
- Basmati rice- 2 tbsp
- Milk- 2 cup
- sugar- 3/4 cup
- Roasted cashew- few for garnish
- Rose essence- 1 drop
- Wash and drain basmati rice once.
- Add milk and water to the rice along with a small plate and pressure cook for 3 or 4 whistles .( The small plate is to avoid burning of the rice)
- Once cooled down, mash the cooked rice with a wooden laddle and add sugar to it.
- Add the rest of the milk and stir it under its done.
- Garnish with some roasted cashews, cardamom and a drop of rose essence.