Oats Tikkis are easy to make healthy snacks
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Besan / Gram flour – 2 teaspoon (for binding)
- Potatoes – 1 medium size
- Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Palak / Spinach – two large leaves
- Green chillies – 2
- Ginger (grated) – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Fennel seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala or any masala of your choice
- Salt – to taste
- Cornflour(for dusting) – as per required.
- Cook potatoes (80%) and Green peas (80%) separately.Cool them.Peel and smash them in a bowl.
- Boil water in a pan, add little sugar add the spinach leaves, give a stir, remove and wash under tap water(this sudden cooling down help to retain the green color of the leaves).
- In a mixer jar add ginger, garlic, green chillies and peas and give a rough blend.
- Then add spinach leaves and gently blend.(textured mixture)
- Add this mixture to smashed potatoes.
- Now add oats, salt cumin, fennel seeds and masala powder.
- Knead well and add gram flour just enough to get holding consistency.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan.
- Unlike other cutlet mix, this mix will be sticky/slippery,bit hard to hold in shape.
Wet your hands with water/oil and shape out the cutlets or use cornflour for dusting and get them shaped up.
- Carefully drop in to the pan.
- Don’t disturb/flip until half done.Flip and Cook on both sides.
- Golden brown crispy outside, green soft inside hot kababs ready.
- Better have when hot.Great taste.