Try this Oats Bahala Bath for a simple lunch or for your weekend brunch.
- Oats – ½ cup
- Water – 1- 1 ½ cups
- Milk – ½ cup
- Curds – 1 cup
- To temper:- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Minced green chilli-ginger – 2 teaspoon
- Hing – a pinch
- To garnish:
- Cucumbr pieces finely chopped, mango pieces, grated carrot, seedless grapes, pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves.
- Boil oats ioll soft in the mixture of milk & water.
- Cool thoroughly & add curds & salt.
- Temper as given & garnish.
- Serve chilled.
NOTES AND TIPS:
- Optional : Adding flax seed powder or wheat bran, about 1 tbsp, before cooking or wheat germ or 1-2 tbsp after cooking. This is purely from the health point of view, not a must.