Monkey bread is also called Pull apart bread, African coffee cake and so on. it’s a perfect snack for evening.
For Chai Spiced Coating
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cool but pliable
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cardamom and ground all spice
- vanilla bean seeds scraped / Vanilla extract
- On Medium heat,Brown butter in a saucepan,to get a nutty fragrance.Set aside to cool.
- Mix all the spices,vanilla bean/extract with sugar.
- Take out half the dough from the bowl onto the working place. Give a punch and knead few seconds.
- Pat and make a rectangle.Mark squares using a knife/pizza cutter.
- Make rough rounds out of each dough squares.
- Roll each piece of dough into a rough ball, roll in the cooled browned butter followed by a roll in the brown sugar. Layer the dough balls in the bundt pan snugly.
- Cover and keep in warm place for proofing.(about 45 min).
- Preheat oven to 350° F/180°C. Bake the bread 25-30 minutes.
- Cool the bread for 5 minutes, carefully turn it out onto a plate. Cool for 5 more minutes and Enjoy digging in.