Learn this easy to make Mango Ginger Pachadi.
- Chopped mango – 1 cup
- Sugar / jaggery – 2-3 tablespoon or to taste
- Red chillies – 2-3
- Ginger – 3 cms
- Garlic chopped – 3 teaspoon (optional)
- Neem flowers (optional)
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Boil sugar / jaggery in 1 cup of water.
- When dissolved, grind red chillies, ginger, garlic, using a little of that water.
- Add mangoes (Select a mango which is not very sour, but just medium or sligtly sour. De-skin and chop into small slices.), paste and salt.
- Cook till mangoes are tender and slightly mushy.
- Temper as given.
NOTES AND TIPS:
When you temper, after mustard seeds crackle, you may want to add a spoon full of neem flowers to the tadka. This is added especially when the pachadi is made for New Year (Ugadi / Chithirai pirapu).