Jowar is known as vellai cholam and also called big millet.
This dosai can be made with minimum oil and its a soft type of dosai. It is best not to make it very thin.
- Jowar | Cholam | Sorghum – 2 ½ cup
- Par boiled rice ( idli rice) – 2 ½ cup
- Urad dhal – 1 cup
- Mix jowar, rice, urad and wash it well.
- Soak in enough water for 6-8 hrs.
- Grind to a fine batter adding water like, how we do for usual dosai batter.
- Add salt and ferment the batter for 10 hrs .
- In a hot tawa spread the batter, dribble just ½ tsp oil over it, cover and cook.
- Turn over and cook for just a few seconds. Serve with sambar or any chutney.